IT Technical Systems Analyst (Applications Team)
Permanent - Full Time
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit a Windows Packager with strong SCCM skills. This role will primarily be responsible for the packaging and deployment of all Windows based applications using SCCM and standard MSI packaging tools, the role requires that you maintain SCCM to the latest releases alongside associated Infrastructure. The role will also require general systems administration and support across firms' systems.
The role holder will be the applications team SME for SCCM and cloud-based deployment methods within the end user compute space.
The individual must be able to perform generalist tasks and 3rd line support and be willing to act as a technical contact for assigned line of business applications. You will need to be self-sufficient within your daily duties and be comfortable working with senior members of the IT system team, security teams and 3rd party vendors.
The individual will work in the London office as part of the Global Systems Team. The Global Systems Team is located in London and is responsible for supporting and maintaining the firm's technology across geographical regions. The Global Systems Team is split in by five functional but collaborative groups – Applications, Infrastructure, Architecture, Test/QA and Change & Release
The Applications group is responsible for the firms' line of business applications suite including document management, HR, finance, marketing and know-how systems and end user compute technologies. The team undertake the day-to-day administration, support, implementation and development of all the Firm’s applications and systems. In addition, this role will require the individual to work with project, security and development teams to ensure the effective delivery of business-led initiatives.
The priority for all IT activity is to maintain the highest levels of stability and reliability in the services delivered.
This role requires experience of working in a medium to large multi-site professional services organisation and broad experience of legal industry applications. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required with the ability to work with a wide range of people including vendors, project managers, technologists, legal staff, partners, secretaries and other support staff.
A very high level of personal organisation and professionalism is required, together with a 'can-do' attitude and an ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure. This person must inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork, and service to the business.
Technical experience required
- In-depth knowledge of SCCM, APP-V, MSI Packaging, PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit, Citrix XenApp, standard desktop applications such as Office, Adobe, AV products, Group-Policy, Install Shield and WISE.
- Strong knowledge for M365 services specifically around device management and identity (Endpoint Manager, Autopilot, SCCM coexistence)
- A strong practical understanding of IT security and compliance best practices.
- A strong working knowledge of desktop deployment and maintenance specifically around Windows 10.
- Strong understanding of laptop hardware, desktop hardware and virtual desktops
- Strong PowerShell and scripting abilities.
- Experience in creating, maintaining and deploying customised operating system build on a global scale.
- Working knowledge of legal-industry applications such as Worksite (iManage), BigHand, Interaction.
- Experience of SharePoint, SQL, Exchange, Template Management and Mimecast
- Good knowledge of Windows-based Servers, PCs, laptops, and IOS devices
- Knowledge of Virtual technologies such as VMware and Citrix VDI
- Experience of working in an ITIL-based support environment and with Help Desk systems such as Top Desk
- Excellent customer service
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- The packaging of all applications using App-V or MSI (Install Shield)
- OS builds, SCCM deployments of applications and troubleshooting
- Automated OS patching, compliance and troubleshooting
- Ensuring managed endpoints are contactable and UpToDate.
- 3rd line support of the desktop infrastructure in particular SCCM troubleshooting
- Creating scripts / applets to improve desktop support processes
- Provide technical assistance and know-how to the test and release process. Working closely with application testers and 3rd party vendors
- Ensure that systems are remediated with latest patches and meet baseline policies.
- Ensure software deployments are successful and remediate where necessary
- Support systems, ensuring that the highest levels of stability and reliability are maintained.
- Identifying, documenting and undertaking maintenance and administration processes on systems infrastructure globally
- Provide a technical resource for projects run by the firms PMO, progressing projects and tasks on time and to budget
- Monitor the team queue in the Help Desk call-logging system to ensure incidents are managed in a timely manner and escalated using the correct procedures. Close calls when a satisfactory resolution has been achieved.
- Define and track SLAs for key systems with special emphasis on legal applications.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base.
- Maintain technical leadership in assigned technologies, and ensure that responsibilities for key technologies are appropriately allocated and understood by colleagues
- Working with the Manager, ensure that support contracts are in place for all systems and appropriate support, backup and capacity procedures are in place and documented
- Assist with occasional infrastructure / server support and patching out of other office core hours
- Identify major support incidents and liaise with support teams Follow the Major Incident process by informing IT Management of any escalating support issues in order that they may be resolved within reasonable time scales
- Establish and maintain contact with colleagues in all offices to ensure that a consistent approach is being adopted across the firm
- Continually maintain and expand strong working knowledge of current Firm-supported and future technologies to provide technically accurate solutions to end-users
- Adhere fully to the Change and Release management processes
- Adhere fully to the Problem management process and to the investigation of the root cause of outages
- Develop, present and implement proposals to improve systems and infrastructure
- Ensure that the housekeeping and administration of systems are carried out in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures
- Ensure security is maintained in line with the Firm’s security standards
- Contribute to the IT Risk register to identify and manage operational risks and work to eliminate areas of vulnerability
- Occasional assistance with cover for the global service desk phones and email
- 9:30 to 17:30 core but flexibility is a must
- 08:00 to 16:00 early shift is in place. It rotates every 6-7 weeks
- 24/7 on call rota is in place (every 6-7 weeks)
- 12 weeks' probation period
- 12 weeks’ notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more
About Withers Worldwide
Withers have been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world, the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the only international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot.
With over 150 partners and more than 450 other lawyers, we have unparalleled expertise in commercial, tax, trusts, estate planning, financial services, litigation and arbitration, real estate, charities, employment, family law and other legal issues facing individuals and their families. The firm has advised 42% of the top 100 UK Sunday Times Rich List and over 20% of the top 100 US Forbes list, as well as numerous families in Asia.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.