Client Management Assistant
Permanent - Full Time
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a Client Management Assistant, to support the firm's Global Taskforce. The Global Taskforce was established in early 2020 and has implemented a rigorous weekly process to maximise new business opportunities from new clients to the firm. As well as generating new business streams for the firm, the Global Taskforce has enhanced collaboration and cohesion within the organisation.
We now need additional support in underpinning the Global Taskforce with a variety of administrative, business development and research tasks. We are particularly keen to speak to candidates who want to grow their career with the Global Taskforce, recognising the future opportunities that will come about as we achieve further momentum.
Whilst strong administrative skills are a must for the role, so is a wish to get stuck into a range of business development tasks including the preparation of materials for clients and to undertake research. Flexibility and adaptability are key, as is a desire to established strong working relationships with colleagues. The ideal candidate will be confident talking to a range of people from senior partners to new joiners to other law firm management professionals.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Schedule meetings with partners and key members of the global taskforce – ensuring efficient diary management at all times
- Maintain an Excel spreadsheet master document with all actions/notes following meetings
- Ensure follow-up meetings with Partners are scheduled in a timely manner
- Pro-actively identifying and flagging next steps following meeting updates
- Following up directly with partners to agree next steps aimed at cross selling Withers services and reporting back on agreed actions
- Attending key meetings, noting action points and circulating them to relevant individuals
- Assist with the preparation of materials ahead of meetings, working with other members of the marketing and business development team. This includes presentations, pitch and credential materials and any other analysis
- Support our team researcher by providing additional support as required
- Support the wider business development team by ensuring core credential documents are up-to-date with latest deal information
- Supporting the Consultant and wider marketing team in any ad hoc projects and tasks
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Skills and experience required
- A passion for business development and client management
- Demonstrate a desire to engage and be part of the Global Taskforce team to ensure its continued success
- Excellent understanding of both Excel and Power Point or willingness to learn
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship skills. Confidence in communicating at all levels in both legal divisions and business support teams
- A self-starter, results driven, always thinking ahead
- Excellent analytical approach, ability to seek methods to extract performance related figures
- Adaptable and willing to turn to tasks at short notice and to go over and above the task in hand
- Enjoys being a team player
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility will be needed during busy periods
- 12-week probation period
- 4-week notice period
- Benefit package including pension, denplan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, the ability to buy and sell holidays, computer and mobile phone scheme, doctors consultation service, cycle to work scheme, on site café plus more
About Marketing and Business Development at Withersworldwide
- 25 marketers in London, 40 internationally. A team of specialists in their areas (BD, Digital, Events, Brand, PR, Internal Communications) but who are happy to roll their sleeves up to help each other out with all sorts of projects whenever needed.
- Whilst we are a busy team, we provide a supportive work environment. We invest in training and give people the opportunity to build and develop their careers with us. We are focused on developing a culture of excellence within our team. Many members of the team study to improve their knowledge of their areas. CIM and other marketing/business qualifications are also encouraged and supported.
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 70% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List, and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list. In 2018 Withers became one of the first law firms to adopt fully agile working practices with people splitting their time between their home and the office.
Information for recruitment agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal opportunities employment statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.