Paralegal (Trust, Estates, & Charitable Planning)
Permanent - Full Time
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: This position will assist attorneys by processing original documents, preparing binders, notarizing, doing proof of process and finalizing documents for signature. This role will also provide support to other paralegals and attorneys in the San Francisco offices.
- Draft documents including but not limited to promissory notes, pledge agreements, loan agreements, general corporate formation documents and other ancillary documentation involving complex US and foreign trusts and other entities.
- Provide basic services related to trusts, corporate entities, domestic and international tax issues, compliance and disclosure issues, administration of trusts and estates, and other related matters.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with clients and their advisors, accountants, assistants, banking personnel, and other attorneys to provide general assistance, answer questions, provide documentation, and render service in a timely fashion.
- Assist with preparing a variety of documents, forms, charts, letters, etc.
- Prepare binders, makes copies, enter data, assemble transaction records and maintain files.
- Perform database research and data entry.
- Assist other paralegals and attorneys with mailings and filings.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC SKILLS DESIRED:
- Strong preference for a minimum of 2+ years' experience as a tax or trust & estates paralegal, or experience in a closely related field.
- Must possess strong technical skills, including typing, and have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with iManage/FileSite (or other document management system), Elite, and Compulaw preferred but not required.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and work under strict deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills – the ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills – the ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work independently when/if required.
- Bachelor's Degree required, with a preference for the degree to be in accounting, tax or a related field.
- Paralegal Certificate required.
Law.com International's Law Firm of the Year 2021
For 125 years, our firm has focused on and helped successful people, families, entrepreneurs, family businesses, governments and institutions negotiate the wide range of legal issues they face in their business and personal lives. Over time, we have gained valuable insights into the ways wealth can be generated, preserved, deployed and enhanced. We assist our clients in a variety of industry sectors including real estate, manufacturing, motorsport, luxury brands, sport, hotels and hospitality, technology, energy, art and cultural assets, life sciences, charities and philanthropy and financial services. With 18 offices our experience means we can see the global picture. We provide legal advice across a range of different practice areas including estate planning, personal and corporate tax and, corporate, banking and finance, access to capital (both private and public) both equity and debt, real estate, intellectual property, immigration, international trust structuring, philanthropy, luxury assets, international probate, public international law and international arbitration.
COVID – 19 Vaccination Policy
Withers Bergman LLP requires all new hires to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Reasonable accommodation(s) based on medical or religious grounds will be provided to qualified candidates. Candidates will be required to verify their vaccination status only after a conditional offer of employment is made. Applicants should not provide information about their vaccination status or need for accommodation prior to receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
Withers Bergman LLP is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a fundamental principle at the firm. Employment at the firm is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The firm prohibits and will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on the basis of any of these classifications or characteristics.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website to apply for a position, please contact the firm at 203 789 1320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.