CRM Executive (12 month contract)
Fixed Term - Full Time
What are we looking for?
Are you a bright, curious and detail-orientated person who gets a buzz from spotting inconsistencies, likes to solve problems, and appreciates how the little details can have a big impact?
We have an opportunity for you to join the digital team, working with the CRM Manager to improve the quality of the firm's data, comply with data governance, and encouraging best practice and engagement of InterAction CRM system across the firm.
You will manage the data that is being created and updated in InterAction, both by users globally and in some cases, by automation. You will be able to multi-task routine daily, weekly and monthly tasks while being flexible to take on other projects around these tasks. You will be competent manipulating and comparing data in Excel and naturally question the why. You will enjoy working as part of a team to come up with ideas and solutions on how to improve processes and best practices.
Experience with InterAction is not a must but you should have a good appreciation of the principles of CRM and how quality information underpins relationships and the firm's success.
You will be joining a friendly team, who all prefer the unique culture at Withers over other firms. You will need to communicate with stakeholders across the business including the lawyers, secretaries and "super-users", the BD team and other law firm management specialists including from our Business Systems, Finance, HR, Library and Research teams.
Skills and attributes
- Good knowledge of the principles of CRM and the importance of complete and accurate data
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to use a range of internal and external resources to perform research, where needed, around key data sets
- Ideally you know your way around InterAction but it could be that you know another database and want to bring that experience here
- Knowledge of how to use the data change management tools and advanced import tools in InterAction is an advantage
- A good communicator with the ability to empower end users to get the best from InterAction and flex your style depending on who you are talking to
- Ideally you have experience working with professional services firms
- Excellent data manipulation skills, especially within Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A self-starter who is well organised and can get through tasks independently as well as collaborate and share ideas as part of the CRM team
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Handling data change management tickets – researching and processing these changes and following up with users as necessary
- Using a variety of tools to maintain the data and identify and deal with duplication
- Monitoring the new contact review process – ensuring that data flowing into the system meets the required data standards
- Supporting the firm's stated GDPR approach
- Running data quality searches and resolving data issues, as well as performing daily, weekly and monthly housekeeping tasks
- Onboarding new partners to the firm
- Assisting with the offboarding process when partners or associates leave the firm
- Processing new client data
- Configuring and administering Fellsoft's AlertsPlus emails for all users across the business
- InterAction IQ administration tasks
- Acting as a champion of client data and supporting global initiatives to increase usage of InterAction across the firm
- Tracking activities
- Dealing with user queries and requests
- Supporting the BD and marketing team on firm initiatives and events
- Archiving old and redundant data
- Developing processes and keeping documentation up to date
- Supporting the CRM manager in any ad hoc projects and tasks
- Running searches and reports to support business initiatives and decisions
- Working with multiple regions and teams for multiple simultaneous large data orientated projects
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
- 12 month fixed term contract
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- This position is open to being fully or partially remote
- 12 week probation period
- 4 week notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, discounted gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café and more
About Marketing and Business Development at Withersworldwide
- 25 marketers in London, 40 internationally. A team of specialists in their areas (BD, Digital, Events, Brand, PR, Internal Communications) but who are happy to roll their sleeves up to help each other out with all sorts of projects whenever needed.
- Whilst we are a busy team, we provide a supportive work environment. We invest in training and give people the opportunity to build and develop their careers with us. We are focused on developing a culture of excellence within our team. Many members of the team study to improve their knowledge of their areas. CIM and other marketing/business qualifications are also encouraged and supported.
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 66% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Information for recruitment agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal opportunities employment statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.