Secretary (Junior) (PCT)
Permanent - Full Time
Job title: Secretary (junior)
Division: Private Client and Tax
Reports to: Departmental Supervisor
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit a professional and forward-thinking secretary to join the Withers secretarial team. Our secretaries typically support several lawyers and are relied upon to provide a high level service to both internal and external clients. The role will at times be demanding and fast paced so you will need to be an efficient worker who can prioritise, multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
While we consider our secretaries to be part of one large team, we are currently looking for someone to support fee earners in our Private Client and Tax Division. Our Private Client and Tax Division helps successful families and entrepreneurs around the world structure their assets, tax and trusts in a way that will preserve their wealth now and for future generations
This is an interesting and exciting opportunity for a legal secretary who has started their career but is now looking for that next step, they will be passionate about inspiring confidence and building relationships with colleagues and clients. This is a mobile role with an expectation of between two and three days per week in the office, subject to business needs. Similar experience in a legal environment would be ideal, along with advanced IT skills.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Effective communication and seamless secretarial support for fee earners and their clients
- Day to day diary management
- Travel arrangements including international travel and hotel bookings if required
- Processing expenses using Chrome River
- Opening new client files and updating the client relationship management database (InterAction)
- Resolving account queries and assisting in the monthly billing process
- Electronic filing
- Team working
- Throughout your time with the firm, you will be encouraged to focus on your own skills and development needs and seek up-grading training on a continuous development basis.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Qualifications required and experience in sector
You will ideally be educated to 'A' level standard and hold a secretarial diploma (for example, CILEx or equivalent). You will have a fast typing speed (65 words per minute) and will have developed advanced IT skills.
Ideally you will have worked in a similar legal environment for at least two years, with the ability to use your initiative to pick up unfamiliar work quickly and be proactive in anticipating the needs of the team.
Skills and attributes
- Passionate and enthusiastic about providing exceptional client service
- Excellent communication skills and high levels of interpersonal skills
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- The integrity to handle highly confidential information appropriately when required
- Exceptional organisational skills and enjoy paying attention to detail
- Have the ability to use your initiative to adapt, and think laterally
- Enjoy being a team player, with a flexible and can-do attitude and approach
- Self-motivated and goal focussed, you will enjoy change and variety, and thrive under pressure
- Technically competent in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- 9.30am – 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 12 week probation period
- 4 weeks’ notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more.
Withers has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the only international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot. We continually look for opportunities to ensure we are based in the same locations as our clients and their wealth. We have represented 36% of the Top-100 ‘Sunday Times Rich List’, as well as a significant number of people listed in the US (Forbes) and Asian (Hurun) Rich Lists.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.