Commercial Real Estate Associate (NQ-3 PQE)
Permanent - Full Time
Business - Real Estate
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 66% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Real Estate Team
The Real Estate Team is a busy, successful and well-regarded group. The Team consists of ten partners and 20 fee earners spread across commercial, residential, rural, real estate litigation and construction practices.
Our clients include entrepreneurs, investors, developers, landowners, borrowers, banks, funds, occupiers and charities.
We act for 70% of the top 100 people in 'The Sunday Times Rich List' and we advise non-profit institutions including Great Ormond St Children's Charity and the Tate Gallery and act for 50% of the top 50 UK non-profit organisations. In addition, we advise high-profile brands such as Soho House, MaxMara and Aston Martin Racing.
The role is to work within the Commercial Group of the Real Estate Team and the role will be varied and will involve all aspects of Commercial Property work including:
- Acquisitions, disposals and lettings for developers, companies, retail occupiers and private individuals.
- Complex residential, industrial, retail and mixed-use development projects.
- Promotion and option agreements relating to development land.
- Bank lending and re-financings.
- Portfolio acquisitions.
- Hotel owner and operator work.
- Landlord and tenant occupier work.
- Corporate property acquisitions.
- Family offices.
Key skills and experience
- NQ-3 years post qualification experience.
- Solid grounding in land law/general real estate matters with a focus on commercial property.
- Be able to work as part of a cross-departmental team with minimal supervision.
- Desire and ability to be involved in our business development initiatives.
- Strong academics and have gained the benefit of training in a well-regarded real estate department.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Familiarity with technology e.g. excel, word.
- 9.30 – 5.30pm but flexibility is a must.
- Flexible benefit package.
- Full time flexible working arrangements.
- The role can be based in our London or Cambridge office.
Sample key Commercial Property Clients
For further information, please contact the recruitment team.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability