Permanent - Full Time
What are we looking for?
The Analyst Developer role is part of Withers' development team, one of three sub-teams within the growing Business Systems Team (BST), who have overall responsibility for the implementation, maintenance and operation of the firms' legal technology solutions. The development team are specifically responsible for analysing requirements, designing, developing and testing robust IT systems to support the firm's rapid expansion and need for enhanced information to support business operations.
The development team is currently being expanded to meet Withers' growing need for modern legal technology, and will consistent of three developers reporting to the Development Manager, who provides day-to-day line management as well as being on-hand to offer guidance and support. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious, hardworking graduate with strong communication skills and solid programming experience in a professional environment, ideally a law firm.
- Experience working with a variety of programming languages
- Experience in SQL including writing efficient queries, stored procedures and ETL etc
- Good knowledge C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net.
- Any data integration (middleware) experience (such as IntApp Integration Builder) an advantage
- Report design / SSRS experience
- Good knowledge of XML
- IntApp Open / Flow or other business process management system
- Experience using web services and APIs built on REST and using JSON
The role sits within the Business Systems Team and focusses on designing, developing, enhancing and supporting our business applications alongside our team of finance and systems analysts. Report design / information visualisation will also be important. Strong design, UI, development and SQL skills will be required.
As a technical expert, the Analyst Developer will assess overall business and technical requirements, determine different options to achieve these within the existing systems architecture (including pros and cons for any options), indicate data flows, specify interfaces, and highlight dependencies on external systems. They will prepare functional design specifications, prototypes for evaluation, and describe data that can be used to test the solution. The Analyst Developer will work with key technical and business stakeholders to challenge and refine proposed solutions in order to reach an agreed design prior to implementation. The candidate will also need to possess excellent problem-solving skills, as there is a strong element of troubleshooting involved in the role.
The Analyst Developer candidate will ideally have familiarity with legal business processes and the key IT systems that support them, such as Elite 3E for practice management, Interaction for client relationship management information, and knowledge of the IntApp product suite would be an advantage.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Analyse business requirements in order to design and deliver IT applications to meet business needs
- Collaborate with project managers to ensure that solutions are delivered in the timescales expected
- Help to deploy applications to the firm by following the firm's deployment strategy
- Prepare technical documentation as required
- Provide support to live systems
- Work with and assist direct external consultants / suppliers if required
- Software applications to mobile and desktop users on a Microsoft Windows platform
- Technical analysis and supporting documentation
- Solution outlines and detailed specifications
- System functional design, non-functional requirements, and interface specifications
- Documentation for deployment configuration, handover and operational support
- Test data design and key test scenarios
- Prototypes and evaluation systems (quick return on investment / minimum viable product)
Interpersonal skills required
- Highly self-motivated and keen to learn new skills (enthusiastic and willing)
- Proactive, energetic and enthusiastic with high professional standards
- Smart and professional manner
- Ability to plan out and work on a number of tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks to plan
- Able to work under pressure, calm and not easily ruffled
- Good communicator with high levels of interpersonal skills -
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and pragmatic
- Motivated to complete tasks accurately and on (or ahead of) time
- Team player, with flexible attitude and collaborative approach to work and work colleagues
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 12 week probation period
- 12 weeks’ notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more
About Withers Worldwide
Withers have been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world, the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the only international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.