Permanent - Full Time
What are we looking for?
The Analyst Developer will be responsible for analysing requirements, designing, developing and testing robust IT systems to support the firm's rapid expansion and need for enhanced information to support business operations.
This role would suit a developer who is looking for the opportunity to build and enhance applications, rather than someone who is looking for a development team management role. Ideally you will be a graduate with solid programming experience in a professional environment, ideally in a law firm. Experience of working in a team split across multiple global locations would also be useful.
The role sits within the Business Systems team so you will be developing, enhancing and supporting our business applications alongside our team of finance and systems analysts. Report design / information visualisation will also be important. Strong design, UI, development and SQL skills will be required.
As a technical expert, the Analyst Developer will assess the overall requirements, determine different options for how it might be engineered (including any pros and cons for each option), indicate data flows, specify interfaces, and highlight dependencies on external systems. They will prepare functional design specifications, prototypes for evaluation, and describe data that can be used to test the solution. Their designs will be challenged and they will be expected to iterate based on feedback. There is also a strong element of troubleshooting involved in the role.
The Analyst Developer will ideally have familiarity with legal business processes and the sort of IT systems that support them, such as Elite Enterprise for practice management, Interaction for client relationship management information, and knowledge of the IntApp product suite would be an advantage.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Deliver IT applications to meet business needs
- Collaborate with project managers to ensure that applications are delivered in the timescales expected
- Help to deploy applications to the firm by following the firm's deployment strategy
- Prepare technical documentation as required
- Provide support to live systems
- Work with and help direct external consultants / suppliers if required
- Software applications to mobile and desktop users on a Microsoft Windows platform
- Technical analysis and supporting documentation
- Solution outlines and detailed specifications
- System functional design, non-functional requirements, and interface specifications
- Documentation for deployment configuration, handover and operational support
- Test data design and key test scenarios
- Prototypes and evaluation systems (quick return on investment / minimum viable product)
This list of duties, responsibilities and deliverables is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Technical skills required
- Experience working with a variety of programming languages
- Experience in SQL including writing efficient queries, stored procedures and ETL etc
- Good knowledge of C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net.
- Any data integration (middleware) experience (such as IntApp Integration Builder) an advantage
- Report design / SSRS experience
- Good knowledge of XML
- IntApp Open / Flow or other business process management system
- Experience using web services and APIs built on REST and using JSON
Interpersonal skills required
- Highly self-motivated and keen to learn new skills (enthusiastic and willing)
- Proactive, energetic and enthusiastic with high professional standards
- Smart and professional manner
- Ability to plan out and work on a number of tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks to plan
- Able to work under pressure, calm and not easily ruffled
- Good communicator with high levels of interpersonal skills -
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and pragmatic
- Motivated to complete tasks accurately and on (or ahead of) time
- A team player, with a flexible attitude and collaborative approach to work and work colleagues
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 12 week probation period
- 12 week notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café and more
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 66% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
We endeavour to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, we operate a preferred supplier list ('PSL') and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is our policy to provide equal opportunities for all employees/prospective employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.