Financial Systems Manager
Permanent - Full Time
What are we looking for?
The Financial Systems Manager will be responsible for leading a team of Financial Systems Analysts whilst working closely with the Global Head of Business Systems. You will be expected to build strong relationships with the business; helping maintain a professional, high-quality service supporting the firm's existing systems, whilst also being a key resource for future upgrades and the delivery of roadmap system improvements.
Due to the firm's growth and our recent 3E implementation the team is restructuring to better support the business going forward. This new role sits within the Business systems team, working alongside the Technical Business Systems Manager and the Development Manager. You will lead the management, support and development of the Financial Systems function and cover all aspects of application and technical support of the firm's financial systems (including Elite 3E, Elite Templates, Elite EDI, CreditForce). You will work on developing, enhancing and supporting our finance and business applications alongside our team of finance and systems analysts, managing the resources necessary to balance a service-focussed day-to-day working environment alongside project work.
As a technical expert, the Financial Systems Manager will be key to facilitating and developing the use of systems and technology across the firm globally, promoting best practice and liaising with senior stakeholders to ensure business needs are met.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Line-management of 4 Financial Systems Analysts
- Monitor and proactively manage the finance systems team's workload; being the first point of escalation for the team’s queries and setting user expectations appropriately.
- The resolution of queries raised by the business in a timely and professional manner.
- Liaising with third-party vendors to rectify problematic issues.
- Management of daily processes and of day-to-day system maintenance tasks.
- Provide technical expertise and support to team members, mentoring and developing the team's skills.
- Trouble-shoot system issues and identify system improvements to meet user and business requirements.
- Analyse data contained in our databases to identify and fix data integrity issues.
- To work alongside the other Managers in the department to provide a collaborative approach to project delivery.
- Key technical resource on future projects including the 3E roadmap improvements.
- Create, test and deliver financial reports and other information to the firm.
Technical skills and experience
- Experience of leading a team of Financial Systems Analysts.
- Experience working in a finance systems team in a global law firm.
- Solid experience of the day-to-day working processes of a legal finance department.
- An understanding of the business implications of finance systems in a legal environment.
- Strong knowledge of the Elite 3E application and the Elite 3E table structure and relational databases.
- The ability to write Transact-SQL queries.
- Must have an understanding of accounting principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be a confident communicator
- Ability to analyse and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Highly self-motivated with an eagerness to learn new skills.
- Demonstrable team player, with a flexible and patient approach to work and colleagues.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and prioritise work accordingly.
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 12 week probation period
- 12 week notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 66% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
We endeavour to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, we operate a preferred supplier list ('PSL') and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is our policy to provide equal opportunities for all employees/prospective employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.