Permanent - Full Time
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Facilities Assistant to join our busy team based in the London office. The role performs a wide variety of clerical and administrative duties, which includes providing a high level of customer service and support, while consistently producing an excellent work product.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Sorting, opening and scanning incoming and interoffice mail into the digital mail system.
- Assist in processing express, international and overnight courier packs, using an on-line booking system.
- Process outgoing mail as required, including mail shots.
- Distribute inbound mail, couriers and other documents as required.
- Monitor and distribute incoming digital faxes.
- Conference room set up and set down, including monitoring the conference room schedule.
- Assist with moving boxes and light inter-office moves and events.
- Basic photocopy and scanning; and helping to deliver finished projects.
- Responding to customer/client requests in a professional manner.
- Identifying and responding to customer/client issues/problems in a timely manner.
- Interacting effectively and courteously, in person, by telephone, and in writing with business professionals.
- Proactively communicating the status of work and understanding the need to ask questions and seek guidance.
- Flexibility in undertaking these duties, and any other duties, as required by the department supervisor.
This list of duties, responsibilities and deliverables is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Experience, essential skills and abilities required
- Prior office services and customer service experience preferred.
- Law firm experience preferred.
- Basic key IT skills with a willingness and capability to utilizes available technology to carry out job responsibilities.
- Must be flexible and prepared on occasion to offer services beyond contracted hours where necessary.
- Attention to detail and good organizational and analytical skills.
- Flexible attitude and the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to build effective working relationships.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload appropriately.
- Ability to build effective relationships with co-workers and participate and contribute fully as a team member.
- Flexible and proactive approach.
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 4 week probation period
- 4 week notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café and more
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 70% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List, and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list. In 2018 Withers became one of the first law firms to adopt fully agile working practices with people splitting their time between their home and the office.
Information for recruitment agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal opportunities employment statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.