Corporate Tax Associate (5-7 PQE)
Permanent - Full Time
Private Client and Tax - Corporate Tax
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 66% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Our team helps founders, entrepreneurs and owners of private capital around the world structure their business and personal affairs in a way that allows them to maximise returns on and the efficiency and preservation of their wealth.
We advise on all aspects of business and investment structuring, both domestically in the jurisdictions in which we have offices and internationally. Our advice includes the design and implementation of trading, investment and holding structures, as well as the modernization of existing ones. We frequently act as general counsel, advising on all legal aspects of their day-to-day operations and deal flow. Clients include privately owned businesses operating across numerous business sectors such as brands, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, services, hotels and leisure, information technology, media and telecoms as well as financial institutions and public enterprises.
We are looking for an ambitious senior associate with experience of providing UK corporate tax advice with commercial acumen, preferably gained within a leading international law firm, who is looking to transition into a more client-facing and project leading role, working for founders and entrepreneurs as well as companies, with excellent prospect for career progression in a growing team.
The ideal candidate must have strong experience in:
- Providing UK tax advice for both domestic and international businesses
- Cross-border investment and business structuring
- Providing tax advice integrated with the commercial, legal and regulatory aspects of transactions
- Drafting tax deeds and warranties, finance documents and advising on business taxation
- Advising on commercial real estate transactions
It would be beneficial if the candidate also had skills and experience in some of the following:
- Advising on management incentive arrangements, and/or investor tax reliefs, such as the EMI scheme and EIS
- Advising on employment-tax related issues and the IR35 rules
- Advising on tax aspects of investment funds
- Candidates must have 5-7 years of relevant post-qualification experience
- Be admitted to practice as a solicitor in England & Wales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective team player
- An enthusiastic and engaged attitude with excellent people skills and a good, clear communication style
- A willingness to take responsibility and ability to form strong working relationships across all areas of the practice
- Excellent technical ability, solid drafting skills and strong research skills
- Ability to communicate and handle client contact (both internal and external) from the outset
- A commercial and pragmatic outlook
- Strong IT skills (e.g. Word & Excel)
- Working hours: 9.30am – 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 6-month probation period
- 12-week notice period
- Flexible benefit package including pension, private medical insurance, dental plan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, the ability to buy and sell holidays, flu jabs, doctors consultation service, cycle to work scheme, on site café plus more
For further information, please contact the recruitment team.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
We endeavour to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, we operate a preferred supplier list ('PSL') and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is our policy to provide equal opportunities for all employees/prospective employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.