IT Technical Systems Analyst (Applications Team)
Permanent - Full Time
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced technical systems analyst who has strong iManage and SQL expertise to be the technical lead for the firm's SQL and legal application platforms. The position will primarily be involved in the day-to-day support, operation and improvement of the firms' legal IT systems - in particular iManage, Elite 3E and Intapp products. As technical lead, you will be required to work with business owners and 3rd party vendors when required.
The individual must be able to perform generalist tasks and 3rd line support and be willing to act as a technical contact for assigned line of business applications. You will need to be self-sufficient within your daily duties and be comfortable working with senior IT Leadership, the IT systems team, IT security teams and IT service delivery teams.
The individual will work in the London office as part of the Global Systems Team. The Global Systems Team is located in London and is responsible for supporting and maintaining the firm's technology across geographical regions. The Global Systems Team is split in by five functional but collaborative groups – Applications, Infrastructure, Architecture, Test/QA and Change & Release
The Applications group are responsible for the firms' line of business applications suite including document management, HR, finance, marketing and know-how systems and end user compute technologies. The team undertake the day-to-day administration, support, implementation and development of all the Firm’s applications and systems. In addition, this role will require the individual to work with project, security and development teams to ensure the effective delivery of business-led initiatives.
The priority for all IT activity is to maintain the highest levels of stability and reliability in the services delivered.
This role requires experience of working in a medium to large multi-site professional services organisation and broad experience of legal industry applications. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required with the ability to work with a wide range of people including vendors, project managers, technologists, legal staff, partners, secretaries and other support staff.
A very high level of personal organisation and professionalism is required, together with a 'can-do' attitude and an ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure. This person must inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork, and service to the business.
Technical experience required
- In-depth knowledge of iManage Work and SQL
- Working knowledge of legal-industry applications such as Elite 3E or other PMS, Intapp product suite and iManage tools like DocAuto Workspace Manager, Prosperoware etc
- Working knowledge of iManage cloud and RAVN indexers advantageous
- A good understanding of Azure SSO to support integrating applications.
- A good understanding of Exchange services and mail relay technologies to support integrating applications.
- Good knowledge of M365 services and the Microsoft Office product suite.
- Good knowledge of PowerBi reporting
- Good knowledge of Windows-based Servers, PCs, laptops, IOS devices and storage technologies
- Knowledge of Virtual technologies such as VMware and Citrix VDI and Xen App
- Experience of working in an ITIL-based support environment and with Help Desk systems
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Support systems, ensuring that the highest levels of stability and reliability are maintained.
- Identifying, documenting and undertaking maintenance and administration processes on systems infrastructure globally, with particular emphasis on SQL, iManage, Elite, IntApp and integration applications.
- Provide a technical resource for projects run by the Head of IT Systems or Project Management Office and progress projects and tasks on time and to budget
- Develop, present and implement proposals to improve assigned systems and infrastructure
- Monitor the team queue in the Help Desk call-logging system to ensure incidents are managed in a timely manner and escalated using the correct procedures. Close calls when a satisfactory resolution has been achieved.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base.
- Define and track SLAs for key systems with special emphasis on legal applications.
- Maintain technical leadership in assigned technologies, and ensure that responsibilities for key technologies are appropriately allocated and understood by colleagues
- Continually maintain and expand strong working knowledge of current Firm-supported and future technologies to provide technically accurate solutions to end-users.
- Correctly diagnose software and hardware faults and liaise with 3rd party engineers where needed. Incidents should be actioned within agreed timescales and monitored to resolution.
- Working with the IT Applications Manager, ensure that support contracts are in place for all systems and appropriate support, backup and capacity procedures are in place and documented.
- Assist with occasional infrastructure / server support and patching out of other office core hours.
- Identify major support incidents and liaise with support teams, following the Major Incident process. Inform the manager and senior IT Management of any escalating support issues in order that they may be resolved within reasonable time scales.
- Establish and maintain contact with colleagues in all offices to ensure that a consistent approach is being adopted across the firm.
- Adhere fully to the Change and Release management processes.
- Adhere fully to the Problem management process and to the investigation of the root cause of outages.
- Ensure that the housekeeping and administration of systems are carried out in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures
- Ensure security is maintained in line with the Firm’s security standards
- Contribute to the IT Risk register to identify and manage operational risks and work to eliminate areas of vulnerability
- Occasional assistance with cover for the IT Helpdesk telephones.
- 9.30am to 5.30pm core but flexibility is a must
- 8am to 4pm early shift is in place. It rotates every 7 weeks
- 24/7 on call rota is in place. It rotates every 6-7 weeks
- Agile working environment split between the London office and home
- 12 weeks' probation period
- 12 weeks’ notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 66% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.