Head of Transformation & Operations (APAC)
Permanent - Full Time
About Withers KhattarWong LLP
Withers KhattarWong LLP is amongst the largest international law firm in Singapore. We are a fully integrated global law firm with lawyers located across five continents in 18 offices.
Our broad global platform allows us to guide clients through the legal challenges inherent in the ever-changing international landscape. As our client, you will receive quality advice on diverse legal and tax issues through the services of one law firm with a single communication.
Internationally, we have made a reputation for ourselves as the leading law firm for private capital; our clients include public and private companies founded by successful families, MNCs, financial institutions, international brands, family offices and HNWIs, charities and not-for-profit organisations, amongst others. We pride ourselves for our role in helping our clients achieve success.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit an experienced Head of Transformation & Operations to join the Withers KhattarWong team. The role will at times be demanding and fast paced so you will need to be an efficient worker who is organized, meticulous, self-motivated, resourceful and can prioritise, multi-task and work effectively under pressure. You will also need to be an excellent communicator, a team player and have integrity to handle highly confidential information appropriately.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Identify and drive initiatives to increase the profitability of Asia teams with poor operational processes (e.g. Singapore RE, IP) and to turbocharge profitable teams (e.g. Singapore PCT, Tokyo RE)
- Work closely with Asia ED, DCEOs, DOOs, RDLs and APAC OMDs to build relationships with stakeholders and help them overcome barriers to change
- Identify efficiency issues and innovation/ change opportunities in Asia and feed them through the regional business services teams to get projects initiated to address
- Regional sponsor for operations, change and innovation projects, accountable for the delivery of the target benefits
- Represent the Asia operations on the implementation of global initiatives
- Strengthen our operational excellence in Asia through identifying opportunities for improvement and sponsoring regional transformation initiatives, which may include elements of IT, operations, finance systems, HR and administration, such as the paperless project, information governance, DPC, ARTIST, workplace design and digitalisation
- Identify, champion and sponsor process improvement or operations improvement projects with fee earning Divisions, working closely with partners, IT, HR and finance teams
- Challenge existing regional working practices and suggest appropriate solutions for improvement in line with global strategies and working practices
- Work with our global teams to advise on the APAC implementations of firmwide initiatives
- Participate in firmwide strategy projects and committees, including contributing to Board papers and presentations
- Lead regional projects such as office moves/openings as well lateral hires/team integrations
- Work closely with Asia ED to strengthen a culture of excellence and cohesion between business services, RDLs, OMDs and partners
- Drive forward and coordinate our global business sustainability efforts in Asia through the engagement of partners with our Withers Tree of Life, working closely with Asia ED and Head of HR
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Technical skills and qualifications
- Ability to use your initiative to adapt, be comfortable with driving change and to think laterally
- You will of course be organised and enjoy paying attention to detail
- Logical thinker with good problem-solving skills
- Passionate and enthusiastic about providing exceptional client service
- Excellent communication skills and high levels of interpersonal skills
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- Enjoy being a team player, with a flexible and can-do attitude and approach
- Self-motivated and goal focused, you will enjoy change and variety, and thrive under pressure
- Experience in the professional services sector is desirable but not a must
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 66% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.