Billings Supervisor (12 Month FTC)
Fixed Term - Full Time
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a personable and accurate Billings Supervisor to efficiently and effectively deal with billing related tasks and queries. To ensure that all tasks related to the billing team are carried out in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a professional services environment, ideally in a law firm, have experience with Elite 3E, and have extensive VAT knowledge. You will inspire confidence and be an excellent communicator at all levels, while being organised and accurate with excellent attention to detail. This role is available for a 12-month contract.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Handle complex billing queries, collaborating with the Billing Manager ensuring accurate client data.
- Support secretaries and fee earners with billing related queries
- Managing the billing team's workload, allocating tasks and monitoring performance levels
- Manage monthly billing reports co-ordinating with the billing team accordingly.
- Monitoring all billing processes and making appropriate changes where possible ensuring billing processes correspond with the current SAR and VAT rules
- Processing Billing tasks within Elite 3E including processing WIP write offs, transfers, splits and matter enquiry reports requested by fee earners.
- Managing the prompt reconciliation and payment of counsel and expert fees to include VAT reclamation
- Recruiting, training and helping staff reach their professional development goals
- Processing bills and credit notes in elite 3E
- Reconciling and recording Counsels' Fees and Expert fees
- Processing write offs as directed by Partners
- Providing copy bills to fee earners and clients as requested
- Entering exception rates on matter files when requested
- Daily cheque runs and ACH to pay counsel and expert fees
- Processing time splits and other time adjustments as directed
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Technical skills and experience required
- Previous supervisory experience in a billing role and working with Elite 3E
- Multijurisdictional experience preferred but not essential
- Education to minimum 5 GCSE (or equivalent) grade 'C' or above.
- Extensive billing experience in a professional services firm using elite or a similar accounting package
- VAT Knowledge
Personal qualities and approach
- Good communicator with high levels of interpersonal skills
- Organised and accurate with good attention to detail
- Uses initiative
- Demonstrable team player, with flexible attitude and approach to work and work colleagues
- Elite experience
- Comprehensive VAT Knowledge
- Must be flexible and co-operative
- Calm and not easily ruffled with an easy-going personality
- Work well under pressure
- Willing to work overtime as and when required
- Monday – Friday, 9.30am – 5.30pm, however during busy times the individual must have a high level of flexibility to meet the demands of the role
- 12 month FTC
- 12 week probation period, week notice period
- Benefit package including pension, private medical, Denplan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more
Withers has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years.
We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 42% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.