Permanent - Full Time
About Withers KhattarWong
Withers KhattarWong LLP is amongst the largest international law firm in Singapore. We are a fully integrated global law firm with lawyers located across five continents in 18 offices.
Our broad global platform allows us to guide clients through the legal challenges inherent in the ever-changing international landscape. As our client, you will receive quality advice on diverse legal and tax issues through the services of one law firm with a single communication.
Internationally, we have made a reputation for ourselves as the leading law firm for private capital; our clients include public and private companies founded by successful families, MNCs, financial institutions, international brands, family offices and HNWIs, charities and not-for-profit organisations, amongst others. We pride ourselves for our role in helping our clients achieve success.
We are looking for an organised and flexible paralegal to join the team. The role will work closely with our Corporate Partners and assist in managing their practices.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Effective communication and seamless legal support for fee earners and their clients
- Assist lawyers in the preparation of documents including the drafting, reviewing and amending materials
- Providing ongoing compliance and administrative services
- Creating and maintaining document and correspondence database
- Providing assistance on billing
- Conduct legal research
- Carry out due diligence on incorporated companies
- Review cross jurisdictional due diligence reports
- General ad hoc and administrative tasks as and when required by the lawyers
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job and, as such, the role may include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Key skills and experience
- A minimum of two years' experience in a paralegal role is desirable, however all levels will be considered
- Experience within a corporate practice is desirable
- Previous billing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Analytical, organised and can demonstrate initiative
- Able to work as part of a dynamic team and also independently
- Excellent research skills and confident across various technology platforms
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for 125 years. We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 66% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.