Marketing & Business Development Manager / Senior Marketing & Business Development Manager (9 month FTC)
Fixed Term - Full Time
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to run the marketing and business development activity for our Private Client & Tax (PCT) division. The division includes market leading teams in wealth planning, residential real estate, immigration, pensions, corporate tax and tax investigations.
We are looking for somebody who can quickly develop an in-depth understanding of these areas and act as business adviser to the teams. At the same time this individual will provide the full range of marketing and BD support to these groups as they achieve their targets and grow, whilst also directly managing two team members.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- You will have responsibility for all marketing and business development initiatives relating to your groups. You will work closely with specialists in Digital, PR, Internal Communications, Brand and CRM to deliver support to the groups. This role is holistic and as such we are looking for someone who has the breadth of experience, from digital marketing through to sales and business development, required to carry out the majority of tasks to execute the group plans yourself. You'll be happy leading market planning but will also relish rolling your sleeves up to get marketing assets, campaigns and pitches delivered for your teams
- You will work closely with colleagues in BD to cross sell and spot opportunities for your groups and teams to work more closely together and to collaborate. Specifically you will find ways to support the lawyers in making referrals of new work both in and out of the teams you work with
- Supporting a variety of cross practice initiatives including leading in relation to a number of the firm's Special Interest Groups (SIGs). The SIGs are geared around sectors or geographic areas of interest
- You will continue leading on and devising key campaigns for the group as well as supporting firmwide communications activities. In recent times this has included our wealth planning campaign (Your Will, Your Legacy) and our global mobility campaign (GPS)
- You will be creative and continually think of new approaches and new opportunities to ensure growth for the groups
- In line with the strategic objective for the global marketing team, a major priority will be working towards improving international and cross-divisional/team integration – both with your marketing colleagues across our offices but also by encouraging your groups to work more effectively internationally
- You will lead on pitching for the relevant groups (including preparing background documents, ensuring lawyers are suitably briefed, undertake partner coaching and follow up)
- You will also lead regular business development meetings with the teams and have regular interaction with the divisional leadership, updating them on how you are implementing the marketing plan, seeking their direction on strategy
- You will mentor and manage a team of three individuals, keeping them engaged and motivated with regular catch-up meetings
- You will be expected to manage budgets for your teams, ensuring that marketing spend is used effectively whilst challenging spend that you don’t agree with
- With your team you will manage, execute or review legal directory submissions for selected practices in the region
- You will also lead monthly business development meetings with the groups
- Carefully manage budgets for your teams, ensuring that marketing spend is used effectively – challenging spend you don’t agree with
- Line management responsibility for two individuals, keeping them engaged and motivated
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Technical skills and experience
- Project management experience
- Pitching and partner coaching experience
- Business planning experience at a strategic level
- Solid experience within a professional services environment
- Line management experience and keen to help others develop their careers
- Professional (CIM) qualification an advantage
- Experience of conceiving and executing marketing campaigns
- Comfortable monitoring market trends and proposing plans to capitalise on them
- Strong attention to detail
- Committed, personable and passionate about what you do – you will be able to inspire others around you with this motivation and your positive attitude
- Be a positive influence in the marketing and business development team, encouraging and developing all members of the team, helping them to develop their careers at the firm
- Taking a collaborative approach putting the team over individual needs at all times. Resolutely support your colleagues, showcasing the fantastic work to the rest of the firm whenever you can
- Demonstrate commercial credibility and gravitas, so as to enhance the overall perception of marketing within the firm and with the Business Division leadership
- Creativity combined with the ability to deliver
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 12 week probation period
- 4 week notice period
- Flexible benefit package including pension, private medical insurance, denplan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, the ability to buy and sell holidays, flu jabs, doctors consultation service, cycle to work scheme, on site café plus more
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 125 years on their personal and business interests.
We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 69% of the The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list, over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list and over 50% of the UK Top 50 Charities.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.