Business Reporting Assistant
Permanent - Full Time
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a bright, self-motivated and professional assistant to support our Business Reporting Manager in the provision of management information. This is an exciting role for a good communicator with high levels of interpersonal skills to oversee the production and distribution of daily, weekly and monthly management reports.
The ideal candidate will be very organised and accurate, with excellent attention to detail. You will be technically competent, but more importantly can adapt, think laterally and apply software to produce the desired documents and outcomes.
Exposure to management accounting in a professional environment, experience with Thomson Reuters 3E and advanced Excel skills are all desirable. Must be educated to degree standard (finance related). This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow their career in a fast paced and forward-thinking organisation.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Oversee the production and distribution of daily, weekly and monthly management reports
- Produce Division report packs for management on a monthly and ad hoc basis
- Coordinate the production of monthly billing and collections targets and prepare the draft schedule for review
- Reconciling between various sources of financial information on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Assist in the annual budgeting process to include a) revenue and profit modelling; and b) coordinating the production of business planning documentation
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and annual surveys (e.g. PwC Survey)
- Assist with on-going finance projects which focus on the delivery of relevant management information
- Maintenance of key master files in the 3E accounting system (e.g. Timekeeper profiles)
- Assist with reconciling fee earner bonus targets on a monthly basis
- Assist in the monthly reporting to management on the financial performance of the in-house catering facilities
- Perform ad hoc duties for the Business Reporting Manager and others within the Finance department
Skills and attributes
- Able to use initiative and have a proactive approach
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organised
- Demonstrable team player, with a flexible attitude and approach to work and work colleagues
- Self-motivated and goal focussed
- Calm and not easily ruffled
- Works well under pressure
- Enthusiastic and willing
- Technically competent
- Excellent communication skills
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 12 week probation period
- 4 weeks’ notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, private medical, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more.
About Withers Worldwide
Withers have been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years. We advise clients on their business and personal legal needs both at home and abroad. In this fast moving and increasingly regulated world, the need for integrated and timely advice has never been more urgent.
We are recognised as the only international law firm for successful people, their families, their businesses and their philanthropic work. With offices in Europe, Asia, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage that other law firms focussed on the individual cannot.
With over 150 partners and more than 450 other lawyers, we have unparalleled expertise in commercial, tax, trusts, estate planning, financial services, litigation and arbitration, real estate, charities, employment, family law and other legal issues facing individuals and their families. The firm has advised 42% of the top 100 UK Sunday Times Rich List and over 20% of the top 100 US Forbes list, as well as numerous families in Asia.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
We endeavour to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, we operate a preferred supplier list ('PSL') and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is our policy to provide equal opportunities for all employees/prospective employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.