Intranet Executive (12 month FTC)
Fixed Term - Full Time
What are we looking for?
We're seeking someone with proven experience in working with intranets who can ensure that our intranet ('Within') remains accurate, engaging and useful to our people.
Since launching in September 2019, Within has become the trusted source of information for all aspects of our business, including legal template documents and knowhow, policies and procedures, people, team and office information and news and engagement activities. This role will be integral to maintaining and building on this success and looking at how we can continue to develop Within's features and services to meet people's needs. We designed and built the intranet with leading supplier Interact and it is important that there is close communication with them as they roll out updates to the system and make new features available. It will also involve working closely with our IT team on the technical aspects of the system.
The role will sit within the firm's Marketing, Business Development and Communications team, and as such may be involved in contributing to some of our internal communications projects from time to time.
The role will involve working with the following people:
- Internal Communications Manager (responsible for intranet news and social features)
- International Marketing, Business Development and Communications Team
- A global network of 50+ intranet content editors
- IT, HR, Finance and other Business Services teams
- Senior stakeholders from around the firm including fee-earners and the senior management team
- Intranet provider (Interact)
Areas of focus and responsibilities:
- Managing the intranet editor network (about 50 people) and training new editors
- Reviewing and updating content and ensuring editors are checking their content
- Working with the Internal Communications Manager on intranet engagement plans and activities
- Carrying out 'power user' tasks such as managing users, permissions, menus, page templates and homepages
- Monitoring analytics for duplicate pages, out-of-date and expired content and producing reports
- Reviewing and maintaining search configuration e.g. failure to find
- Responding to queries e.g. people directory and general content/functionality queries
- Maintaining the firm calendar and adding important business dates
- Managing the mobile app, including testing new updates
- Liaising with IT and Interact on issues and upgrades
- Staying up-to-date with the latest platform updates and attending webinars
Skills and attributes:
- Proven experience of working with an intranet, ideally within an international organisation
- Good knowledge of intranet best practice
- A clear writing style, and the ability to adapt and edit other people's copy
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Comfortable dealing with people at all levels of the business
- Flexibility to balance multiple competing demands
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but we can consider flexible working hours and arrangements if required
- 12 week probation period
- 4 week notice period
- Flexible benefit package including pension, private medical insurance, denplan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, the ability to buy and sell holidays, flu jabs, doctors consultation service, cycle to work scheme, on site café plus more
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 125 years on their personal and business interests.
We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 69% of the The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list, over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list and over 50% of the UK Top 50 Charities.
About Marketing, Business Development and Communications at Withersworldwide:
- The team comprises around 40 people internationally, with around 25 in London, a team of specialists in their areas (BD, Digital, Events, Brand, PR and Internal Communications) but who are happy to roll their sleeves up to help each other out with all sorts of projects whenever needed.
- Training and know how sharing across law firm management professionals internally is a priority. A focus is on developing a culture of excellence within our team; many members of the team are studying to improve their knowledge of their areas, with CIM and other marketing / business qualifications encouraged.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.