Paralegal (Dispute Resolution)
Permanent - Full Time
Dispute Resolution - Arbitration
Job title: Paralegal
Practice Group: Dispute Resolution
About Withers KhattarWong
Withers KhattarWong LLP is amongst the largest international law firm in Singapore. We are a fully integrated global law firm with lawyers located across five continents in 18 offices.
Our broad global platform allows us to guide clients through the legal challenges inherent in the ever-changing international landscape. As our client, you will receive quality advice on diverse legal and tax issues through the services of one law firm with a single communication.
Internationally, we have made a reputation for ourselves as the leading law firm for private capital; our clients include public and private companies founded by successful families, MNCs, financial institutions, international brands, family offices and HNWIs, charities and not-for-profit organisations, amongst others. We pride ourselves for our role in helping our clients achieve success.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit an experienced paralegal to join the Withers KhattarWong's Litigation team. The role will at times be demanding and fast paced so you will need to be an efficient worker who can prioritise, multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Assist with drafting and assembling of documents.
- Prepare Court documents for trial and for Court of Appeal.
- Assist with undertaking legal research and preparing legal memoranda.
- Handle different aspects of administrative work including filings with various government agencies.
- Diary management scheduling court hearings and other meetings, travel arrangement.
- Open new client files, update our client management database, resolving account queries and process monthly billing.
- Other ad hoc and general administrative tasks.
Key skills, experience and attributes
Ideally you will have worked in a similar legal environment for a few years, with the ability to use your initiative to pick up unfamiliar work quickly and be proactive in anticipating the needs of the team.
Experience in the legal sector is desirable with familiarity of the range of work and type of documents that are typical.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and balance competing demands
- Enjoy being a team player, with a flexible and can-do attitude and approach.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about providing exceptional client service.
- You will have excellent communication skills and high levels of interpersonal skills.
- The ability to stay calm under pressure.
- The integrity to handle highly confidential information appropriately.
- Technically competent, but more importantly you will have the ability to use your initiative to adapt and think laterally.
- Self-motivated and goal focussed, you will enjoy change and variety, and thrive under pressure.
- Education to Diploma level (or above) is desirable
- Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 6:00pm; however, given the nature of the business, flexibility especially during peak periods, is required.
- 21 days annual leave
- Annual 'Withers Day' for all employees
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for 125 years. We advise offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focussed on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 66% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the Forbes 400 List, 35% of the Hong Kong Forbes Rich List and 35% of Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.