Accounts Payable Assistant (6 month FTC)
Fixed Term - Full Time
A law firm focused on people and collaboration.
For the past 125 years, Withers has supported some of the world's most remarkable people and organisations at defining moments in their lives.
We are the only international law firm focused on successful individuals and private capital, working closely with founders, investors and family offices. We also advise governments, charities, global brands and start-ups of all shapes and sizes.
Many of our clients are shaping the future, and creating solutions to tackle many of the world's problems. It makes for a fascinating and challenging practice. Our role is to get to know each individual client, find out where they want to be, and help them to get there – whether they are building a business, looking after their family, involved in a complex dispute or protecting their finances for the future.
To meet their unique needs we are exceptionally collaborative, working together across teams and time zones.
We are agile, focusing on strategy rather than rigid ideas and traditional hierarchy. It is a truly flexible working culture that puts people first.
Join us to be part of a team that is always looking to the future. Where initiative, big ideas and bold moves are always encouraged. Where you can truly be yourself.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic Accounts Payable Assistant to join our busy accounts team. This role is key to maintaining and improving the overall health of the Firm through the delivery of effective accounts payable services. Working with our Senior Accounts Payable Assistant to focus on making improvements to current processes while maintaining the day-to-day Accounts Payable function.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Receive and verify invoices
- Input invoices in multi-currency
- Process backup reports after data entry
- Paying invoices by BACs, CHAPS and cheque
- Ensure major creditor accounts are reconciled and that payment is made according to these reconciliations
- Ensure payments are allocated in a timely manner to facilitate bank reconciliations
- Identify areas of inefficiency; suggest and carry out improvements
- Document processes
- Forecasting AP cash payments for inclusion in the cash flow forecasting
- Applying the correct VAT treatment to transactions processed through the Purchase Ledger
- Liaising with counterparts in the Firm’s other offices
- Maintain and create accurate vendor records (payment terms, bank account details, etc.)
- Process credit card transactions
- Process supplier invoices on mass via file imports into Elite
- Processing payment for foreign expert fees
- Assist with bi-annual payment terms reporting
- Assist with maintaining the AP Outlook Mailbox – internal and external
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Skills and experience
- Educated to a minimum 5 GCSE grade ‘C’ or equivalent
- Previous experience in a professional services accounts environment desirable
- Solid experience (e.g. 1-2 years plus) of accounts payable and maintaining general ledgers
- Experience of working with Elite Enterprise and Elite 3E desirable
- Good communicator with high levels of interpersonal skills
- Organised and accurate - attention to detail
- Capable of keeping up with day-to-day tasks while improving overarching processes
- Can deal with a high volume of work and work well under pressure.
- Uses initiative and can be self sufficient
- A positive, committed and ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A good team player with the ability to be flexible and willing to help others when necessary.
- Monday to Friday, 9:30 am to 5:30 pm; however flexibility is necessary during busy periods
- 12 week probation period
- 4 week notice period
- Flexible benefit package including pension, private medical insurance, denplan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, the ability to buy and sell holidays, flu jabs, doctors consultation service, cycle to work scheme, on site café and more.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.