Matter Management Coordinator (Invoicing and client onboarding)
Permanent - Full Time
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Matter Management Coordinator for our London office. This will be an evolving role which will primarily consist of collaborating with fee earners to obtain and provide information required for new business intake ('NBI') and processing and co-ordinating certain billing and finance functions with pro-active and continual management of financial and administrative aspects of matters applying consistent best practice.
This role would suit a proactive and competent individual, with a positive can-do attitude and an awareness of risk who possesses an interest and aptitude for financial administration and has excellent organisational skills. Previous financial administration experience would be an advantage and you will preferably be educated to A level standard (or equivalent).
Areas of focus and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with fee earners to capture all information required to complete NBI process end to end
- Assist with the completion of anti-money laundering client and matter risk assessments for all new matters
- Review of fee earner narratives to ensure they are consistent with client agreed format
- Production of monthly invoices, co-ordinating production of narratives and heads of charge
- Prompt processing of time entries and movement requests
- Prompt processing of third-party costs
- Improve speed and accuracy of billing practices and cost recovery
- Ensure bill trackers are kept up to date throughout the billing process
- Prompt transmission of invoices, liaising with clients and partners to deal with any queries in respect of invoices
- Assist with credit control tasks and debt management
- Produce credit notes when required
- Liaising with all relevant practice groups and offices
- Provide support to the development of fee proposals and matter management frameworks
- Proactively deal with billing tasks outside of the billing period including:
- ensuring billable matters are fully opened promptly
- transferring time to correct files (on request) – proactive prompting
- checking VAT exemption, charge out rates and currencies are correct where applicable
- Proactively provide regular reports to partners to ensure residual balances are dealt with promptly adhering to all internal and statutory finance rules and regulations
- Assist with financial housekeeping including prompt closure of completed and inactive matters, some aspects of general accounting and research of financial information
- Submission of comprehensive conflict check requests to the risk team following up any requests for further information
- Completion of Smart Search (electronic due diligence) requests
- Identification of KYC (know your client) requirements to include requesting and obtaining the correct documentation from clients and completing anti-money laundering due diligence paperwork to ensure matters can be opened promptly
- Various administrative tasks as required
Key Performance Indicators
- Contribution to the Group's financial metrics
- Successful matter and client outcomes
- Efficient processes and practices
- Positive client and partner feedback
- Achieve agreed milestones; and
- Positive internal stakeholder feedback
Key skills and experience
- It is essential that the incumbent is comfortable with financial co-ordination and risk management
- Advanced organisational and influencing skills. Flexibility of style, attention to detail and an ability to multi-task in a fast paced, detail-orientated environment
- Have a high level of initiative and independent judgement with excellent trouble shooting, decision making and follow-through skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- High level of inter-personal skills to facilitate communication in person, by email and telephone with professionalism and diplomacy. Very strong facilitation and presentation skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new applications quickly
- Be able to work as part of a team and under pressure
- Hardworking, enthusiastic and inquisitive
- 9.30 – 5.30pm (part office and part home based)
- 12 week probationary period
- 4 week notice period
- Benefit package including pension, private medical, Denplan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more
About Withers Worldwide
A law firm focused on people and collaboration. For the past 125 years, Withers has supported some of the world's most remarkable people and organisations at defining moments in their lives. We are the only international law firm focused on successful individuals and private capital, working closely with founders, investors and family offices. We also advise governments, charities, global brands and start-ups of all shapes and sizes.
Many of our clients are shaping the future, and creating solutions to tackle many of the world's problems. It makes for a fascinating and challenging practice. Our role is to get to know each individual client, find out where they want to be, and help them to get there – whether they are building a business, looking after their family, involved in a complex dispute or protecting their finances for the future.
To meet their unique needs we are exceptionally collaborative, working together across teams and time zones. We are agile, focusing on strategy rather than rigid ideas and traditional hierarchy. It is a truly flexible working culture that puts people first. Join us to be part of a team that is always looking to the future. Where initiative, big ideas and bold moves are always encouraged. Where you can truly be yourself.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.