Permanent - Full Time
Business - Corporate
A law firm focused on people and collaboration
For the past 125 years, Withers has supported some of the world's most remarkable people and organisations at defining moments in their lives.
We are the only international law firm focused on successful individuals and private capital, working closely with founders, investors and family offices. We also advise governments, charities, global brands and start-ups of all shapes and sizes.
Many of our clients are shaping the future and creating solutions to tackle many of the world's problems. It makes for a fascinating and challenging practice. Our role is to get to know each individual client, find out where they want to be, and help them to get there – whether they are building a business, looking after their family, involved in a complex dispute or protecting their finances for the future.
To meet their unique needs we are exceptionally collaborative, working together across teams and time zones.
We are agile, focusing on strategy rather than rigid ideas and traditional hierarchy. It is a truly flexible working culture that puts people first.
Join us to be part of a team that is always looking to the future. Where initiative, big ideas and bold moves are always encouraged. Where you can truly be yourself.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit a professional and forward-thinking legal secretary with a high level of discretion to provide support one of our Regional Divisional Leaders and Office Managing Director, Roberta Crivellaro and other fee-earners within the Milan Corporate team. This is an exciting role for a good communicator with a high level of interpersonal skills required to liaise with people across all our offices, clients and contacts. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, be very organised and accurate with excellent attention to detail and the ability to use their initiative and exercise judgement in challenging situations. The role will at times be demanding and fast paced so you will need to be an efficient worker who can prioritise, multi-task, delegate and remain calm under pressure.
This role would be ideal for a first-class legal secretary who is passionate about inspiring confidence and building relationships with colleagues and clients.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- A large part of this role will be billing (c. 65%). During our monthly billing time, you will assist with the production of bills using our finance and time recording systems, communicating with the legal and support staff to ensure billing is carried out within the set deadlines.
- You will provide effective communication support to the Partners and fee-earners you work with, and their clients.
- Complex travel arrangements working across numerous time zones.
- Dealing with confidential issues in a responsible way.
- Extensive and often complex diary management, coordinating meetings to best utilise time, managing diary conflicts and preparing any necessary documentation in advance.
- Provide effective mailbox management and maintenance of all electronic mail, including flagging up of any mail or issues that need attention and on occasion responding to email correspondence.
- Ensuring documents and emails are e-filed appropriately and in line with the firm's e-filing policy.
- In conjunction with other secretarial staff and our marketing department, you will assist in keeping InterAction (our client relationship management system) up to date and produce reports as and when required.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content and requirements for the performance of this job and, as such, the role may include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Qualifications required and experience in sector
Excellent academic background, educated to graduate level or has equivalent professional experience. You will have developed advanced IT skills. Ideally you will have worked in a similar legal environment, with the ability to use your initiative to pick up unfamiliar work quickly and be proactive.
Skills and attributes
- Fluent in Italian and English communication skills are mandatory (English proficiency equal to a C1 is a must).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High levels of interpersonal skills.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about providing exceptional client service.
- Have the ability to use your initiative to adapt and think laterally.
- The integrity to handle highly confidential information appropriately.
- Familiarity with technology e.g., Excel, Word, technically competent.
- Enjoy being a team player with a flexible and can-do attitude and approach.
- Exhibit an ability to prioritise effectively.
- Financial aptitude (for billing and disbursements).
For further information, please contact the recruitment team.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.