HR Coordinator – DEI, Engagement and Wellbeing
Permanent - Full Time
What are we looking for?
Withers is placing an increased focus on business sustainability across our global firm, both internally for our people and externally for our clients. Internally, we have a sustainability framework that includes the following areas: communication and involvement; diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI); the environment; giving back/corporate social responsibility (CSR), pro bono and wellbeing. We have global committees in place supporting these areas. Externally, we are focusing on our environmental, social and governance (ESG) credentials and how we can work with our clients to make the world a better place. We're seeking someone who can help us to achieve our objectives specifically in relation to DEI, engagement and wellbeing.
This is an exciting new role for the firm and you would have the scope to make it your own and truly make a difference. We have also recruited a Business Sustainability Coordinator (based in London) who will support our internal and external-facing sustainability objectives, as well as a Business Sustainability Communications Coordinator (based in Singapore) who will support sustainability-related campaigns and communication. You would work closely with each other, as well as a wider group of people who work on sustainability across the firm. The role will sit within the global HR team. While this role is based in the US, it is a global role, working with colleagues across our 17 offices in Asia, Europe and the US.
Areas of focus and responsibilities:
Provide DEI support
- Support the DEI sub-committee of the Board by helping to coordinate meetings/papers/actions etc.
- Support DEI initiatives including policies, training, education, resources, communication etc.
- Support DEI reporting and actions
- Coordinate our various DEI networks
- Assist with DEI comms and gathering resources
- Work with partner organizations on DEI initiatives
- Support the application and maintenance of the Mansfield Rule
Provide engagement support
- Lead the firm's global feedback forums including coordinating meetings, maintaining the global feedback action tracker and ensuring actions are followed through
- Work with HR and the communications team to develop and implement an engagement strategy for the firm
- Coordinate engagement surveys, ensuring actions are tracked and implemented, working with external suppliers as required
- Partner with the Business Sustainability Coordinator in running internal social events, initiatives and campaigns where required
- Support the execution of an alumni strategy for the firm (long-term goal, working with the marketing team)
Provide wellbeing support
- Help to run wellbeing events, campaigns and initiatives
- Coordinate our Mental Health First Aider (MHFA) networks
- Track wellbeing metrics
- Assist with other wellbeing activities and action plans as required
Skills and attributes:
- Professional experience in the areas of DEI, engagement and/or wellbeing
- Proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment and maintaining a varied workload, ideally within an international organization
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and proficient in MS Excel, including being able to manipulate and analyze data sets
- Ability to prioritize competing demands
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships with people at all levels of the business
- Bachelor's Degree required
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience
- The standard hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm, but flexibility is a must
- Annual base compensation of $65,000 to $80,000
Law.com International's Law Firm of the Year 2021
For 125 years, our firm has focused on and helped successful people, families, entrepreneurs, family businesses, governments and institutions negotiate the wide range of legal issues they face in their business and personal lives. Over time, we have gained valuable insights into the ways wealth can be generated, preserved, deployed and enhanced. We assist our clients in a variety of industry sectors including real estate, manufacturing, motorsport, luxury brands, sport, hotels and hospitality, technology, energy, art and cultural assets, life sciences, charities and philanthropy and financial services. With 18 offices our experience means we can see the global picture. We provide legal advice across a range of different practice areas including estate planning, personal and corporate tax and, corporate, banking and finance, access to capital (both private and public) both equity and debt, real estate, intellectual property, immigration, international trust structuring, philanthropy, luxury assets, international probate, public international law and international arbitration.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
Withers Bergman LLP is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a fundamental principle at the firm. Employment at the firm is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The firm prohibits and will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on the basis of any of these classifications or characteristics.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website to apply for a position, please contact the firm at 203 789 1320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.