Employment Associate (Mid/Senior-Level)
Permanent - Full Time
Business - Corporate
The Department: As a top-ranked and highly respected team of employment lawyers acting for employers and employees alike, we bring a depth of experience and creativity to help clients solve the problems that can arise at any stage of an employment relationship. Our team of employment attorneys stands out for their work with senior executives across a wide range of sectors including financial services, advertising, fashion, sport and charities. In the US, our employment litigation team acts for US based and global employers as well as top-tier executives, helping them to get the best from their working relationships. Where disputes arise, we think tactically, creating a strategy to defend our clients' needs using our extensive knowledge of employment law.
The Role: The focus of this role will be to work alongside partners in advising high-level executives and professionals in connection with their employment, including negotiation of employment, compensation, and severance agreements. You will also assist with counseling executives and companies (both large and small) on all employment law matters, including employment discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims, disability, FMLA and other leaves of absence, whistleblower claims, unfair business practices, wage and hour issues, restrictive covenants, disciplinary issues, employment and severance agreements, terminations, reductions in force, internal investigations, employee handbooks, and other personnel policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong academic credentials (JD required)
- Admitted to and in good standing with the State Bar of New York and/or Connecticut
- Minimum 5+ years' experience practicing in a law firm Employment group
- Significant experience working on employment-related aspects of corporate transactions, drafting executive compensation/employment agreements, separation agreements and restrictive covenant agreements (i.e., non-compete, non-solicitation, non-interference) and related expertise in counseling clients on a wide range of employment-related issues
- Ability to assume responsibility for employment law litigation matters through the summary judgment stage, including overseeing and conducting discovery (including electronic discovery) efforts and routine motions in federal and state courts, as well as responding to administrative agency charges and investigations, with minimal supervision
- Desire to work directly with clients and coordinate with intermediaries to establish and maintain long-term productive relationships
- Familiar with and willing to stay abreast of employment laws and regulations
- Excellent communication skills and strong project management/ability to balance a large number of competing priorities
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
Annual compensation commensurate with experience. Base compensation range $220,000 to $280,000
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
The firm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a fundamental principle at the firm. Employment at the firm is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The firm prohibits and will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on the basis of any of these classifications or characteristics.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website to apply for a position, please contact the firm at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.