Retention and Digitization Specialist
Permanent - Full Time
This position provides front-line assistance to end-users in managing information in accordance with established firm protocols and assists in the management of onsite and offsite vault storage. Under the direction of the Senior Information Governance Manager and Regional Information Governance Supervisor, the Retention and Digitization Specialist will be responsible for deploying and enforcing Information Governance policies and procedures to support the firm's Information Governance initiatives.
- Independently prioritize & accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline driven and detail-oriented work environment;
- Implement and enforce adherence to Information Governance policies to ensure compliance with the firm's legal obligations, operational requirements, and risks. Provide guidance and training to attorneys and staff as necessary;
- Manage and coordinate scanning activities to ensure projects are completed timely, accurately and according to Information Governance policies;
- Conduct analysis to advise on best practices for data management;
- Execute and coordinate processes for physical and electronic records disposition, including email and litigation support data in response to court-ordered document destruction or implementation of firm retention policies;
- Coordinate routine audits of physical record inventories;
- Support multiple data governance projects, processes, and procedures consistent with the principles of the IG program;
- Support and utilize IG software and other technology applications and systems for the administration of all remediation projects;
- Track day-to-day issues, assess ongoing projects and communicate progress to management;
- Identify, log, and track issues and risk related to various IG projects;
- Create and manage project management status summaries and updates;
- Ensure all firm personnel comply with technology, security, and document retention guidelines;
- Perform other job related duties as assigned, including project-related work and providing back up to others in the office.
Specific Skills Required
- Involvement in managing multiple priorities and tasks
- Knowledge of legal software and other technology applications (e.g. iManage, AccuRoute, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to interact with technical, supervisory and managerial level staff
- High degree of demonstrated critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Information Governance principles and practices strongly preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate results of assigned workload
- Law firm experience strongly preferred
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, take initiative, and effectively prioritize and multitask
- Perform repetitive tasks over sustained periods of time (file shifts, file moves)
- Regularly lift, rearrange and carry materials weighing up to 40 pounds
Experience and Education Required
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Professional Certifications in areas related to Information Governance not required but preferred (e.g., Information Governance Professional (IGP), Electronic Records Management (ERM), Certified Records Manager (CRM), Enterprise Content Management (ECM)
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years.
We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centers of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focused on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 46% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
The firm is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a fundamental principle at the firm. Employment at the firm is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The firm prohibits and will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on the basis of any of these classifications or characteristics.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website to apply for a position, please contact the firm at 203 789 1320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.