Permanent - Full Time
Job title: Revenue Controller
About Withers KhattarWong LLP
Withers KhattarWong LLP is among the largest international law firm in Singapore. We are a fully integrated global law firm with lawyers across five continents in 18 offices.
Our broad global platform allows us to guide clients through the legal challenges inherent in the ever-changing international landscape. As our client, you will receive quality advice on diverse legal and tax issues through the services of one law firm with a single communication.
Internationally, we have made a reputation for ourselves as the leading law firm for private capital; our clients include public and private companies founded by successful families, MNCs, financial institutions, international brands, family offices and HNWIs, charities and not-for-profit organisations, amongst others. We pride ourselves on our role in helping our clients achieve success.
What are we looking for?
This is a key role in the finance team and is integral in supporting the firm to achieve its revenue and credit control objectives working within a regional setting, this role extends into supporting both our Singapore and Tokyo offices. Responsible for meeting with Partners and matter managers on a regular basis to review and discuss all WIP and AR balances, documenting outcomes and following up on agreed actions
Over and above the incumbent's knowledge and experience, this role will suit an individual who enjoys the demands of their role, is resourceful and innovative, as well as being strong at building client relationships
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Regularly reviewing all WIP balances with Partners to ensure that all appropriate actions are undertaken to ensure it can be billed on a timely basis,
- When estimates are close to being exceeded and have been exceeded, to process WIP and disbursements w/offs and AR w/offs
- Any errors and discrepancies which are identified are corrected in a timely manner
- Ensuring any write offs of time or AR, time transfers and rate adjustments are actioned promptly
- The periodic exercise to close matters
Collections for Singapore and Tokyo
- Regular review of all aged A/R balances, preparing and agreeing action plans to aid in timely collection
- Assistance on chasing where the amount due has aged and the secretaries/Partners have had no response
- Lead in escalation of matters uncollected and liaise with the Partners and Dispute Partner
- Assisting with legal action and where necessary APAC Credit Committee to agree action plan
- GST reclaim on bad debt
- Debt provisioning
- Owner of AR accounts on the GL for responsible party reporting
- Statement of Account rollouts for Tokyo
- Client funds review and return of funds
Senior Management Reporting
- APAC Credit Committee Reports
- Top exposure reports for review of Head of Finance, APAC and DOOs
- Debt provision reports and control checks
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experienced in a similar role, ideally within a professional services environment
- Experience in using 3E, Elite, or similar PMS systems.
- Enthusiastic about providing exceptional client (external and internal) service
- Strong commercial awareness and financial aptitude
- You will have excellent communication skills and high levels of interpersonal skills, demonstrate the ability to deal with difficult situations and of course, have the ability to stay calm under pressure
- You will of course be organised, conscientious and are highly detail-oriented and have the integrity to handle highly confidential information appropriately
- Importantly you will have the ability to use your initiative to adapt, think laterally and bring ideas and initiatives to life
- Enjoy being a team player, with a flexible and can-do attitude and approach
- Self-motivated and goal focused, you will enjoy change and variety, and thrive under pressure
- Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 6.00pm however given the busy nature of the team and our clients, flexibility in availability is required.
- This role directly reports to the Head of Finance (APAC).
- From time to time, the incumbent will have the opportunity to be involved in our wider firm social & cultural activities. We think this is a great thing!
- 21 days annual leave + 1 "Withers' Day".
- The Firm supports a Mobile Working environment, and you will be supported to find the right balance in your role.
A law firm focused on people and collaboration
For the past 125 years, Withers has supported some of the world's most remarkable people and organisations at defining moments in their lives.
We are the only international law firm focused on successful individuals and private capital, working closely with founders, investors and family offices. We also advise governments, charities, global brands and start-ups of all shapes and sizes.
Many of our clients are shaping the future and creating solutions to tackle many of the world's problems. It makes for a fascinating and challenging practice. Our role is to get to know each individual client, find out where they want to be, and help them to get there – whether they are building a business, looking after their family, involved in a complex dispute or protecting their finances for the future.
To meet their unique needs we are exceptionally collaborative, working together across teams and time zones.
We are agile, focusing on strategy rather than rigid ideas and traditional hierarchy. It is a truly flexible working culture that puts people first.
Join us to be part of a team that is always looking to the future. Where initiative, big ideas and bold moves are always encouraged. Where you can truly be yourself.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the job's requirements and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.