Permanent - Full Time
Under the general direction of the Assistant Controller (US) and in accordance with established policies and procedures, the Payroll Administrator will work as part of the Finance team. This position is deemed to be hybrid under the Firm's Mobile Working Policy and will be based in the New Haven office.
- Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., flexibility is a must and occasional before and after hours work will occur to carry out payroll procedures and administrative projects.
- Process bi-weekly multistate 200+ staff payroll for eight US offices.
- Process monthly and periodic Partner payments for all US offices.
- Prepare and review annual and quarterly payroll tax filings, federal and multistate, multistate payroll includes CA, MA, NY, CT and TX.
- Possess working knowledge of the firm's benefit programs and ability to process employee elections with payroll.
- Process new hire information and upload into the firm's payroll system.
- Extract new hire and change data from the firm's benefit portal and enter deductions into the firm's payroll system as part of payroll administration.
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations related to Heath Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Facilitate the opening of employee and partner Health Saving Accounts.
- Process and track Health Savings Account contributions throughout the year (Employee and Employer). Process corrections with third party administrator as needed.
- Stay current on state paid leave benefit programs. Administer/calculate state paid leave benefit amount and process payroll offset according to the firm's leave policies.
- Work on additional projects as required.
Required Skills and Personal Qualities
- Strong working knowledge of payroll taxes as they relate to annual and quarterly filings for federal and state tax purposes
- Strong understanding of employee benefits as they relate to payroll
- ADP Workforce Now
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including V-lookups and pivot tables
- Ability to use time management skills to meet strict deadlines
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve problems methodically and logically
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to operate as a pro-active team player but also to work and focus on tasks independently of others
- Able to work under pressure, adaptable to change and multitasking
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an organized manner
Law.com International's Law Firm of the Year 2021
For 125 years, our firm has focused on and helped successful people, families, entrepreneurs, family businesses, governments and institutions negotiate the wide range of legal issues they face in their business and personal lives. Over time, we have gained valuable insights into the ways wealth can be generated, preserved, deployed and enhanced. We assist our clients in a variety of industry sectors including real estate, manufacturing, motorsport, luxury brands, sport, hotels and hospitality, technology, energy, art and cultural assets, life sciences, charities and philanthropy and financial services. With 18 offices our experience means we can see the global picture. We provide legal advice across a range of different practice areas including estate planning, personal and corporate tax and, corporate, banking and finance, access to capital (both private and public) both equity and debt, real estate, intellectual property, immigration, international trust structuring, philanthropy, luxury assets, international probate, public international law and international arbitration.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
Withers Bergman LLP is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a fundamental principle at the firm. Employment at the firm is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The firm prohibits and will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on the basis of any of these classifications or characteristics.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website to apply for a position, please contact the firm at 203 789 1320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.