Financial Systems Analyst (FTC)
Fixed Term - Full Time
What are we looking for?
The Financial Systems Analyst will be responsible for supporting, maintaining and updating our financial systems with a focus on our PMS, Elite 3E. You will be expected to build strong relationships with the business; helping maintain a professional, high-quality service supporting the firm's existing systems, whilst also being a key resource for future upgrades and the delivery of roadmap system improvements.
This role sits within the Business systems team, working alongside a small team of Financial Systems Analysts and the Financial Systems Manager. You will cover all aspects of application and technical support of the firm's financial systems (including Elite 3E, 3E Templates, Elite EDI, CreditForce). You will work on developing, enhancing and supporting our finance applications alongside our team of finance and systems analysts, balancing a service-focussed day-to-day working environment alongside project work.
As a technical expert, the Financial Systems Analyst will be key to facilitating and developing the use of systems and technology across the firm globally, promoting best practice and liaising with senior stakeholders to ensure business needs are met.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Monitor and proactively manage the finance systems team's call logging system; being first-line support for the team’s queries and setting user expectations appropriately.
- The resolution of queries raised by the business in a timely and professional manner.
- Liaising with third-party vendors to rectify problematic issues.
- Running of daily processes and day-to-day system maintenance tasks.
- Provide technical expertise to help facilitate the effective use of financial systems across the firm globally.
- Trouble-shoot system issues and identify system improvements to meet user and business requirements.
- Analyse data contained in our databases to identify and fix data integrity issues.
- Be a technical resource on future projects including the 3E roadmap improvements.
- Create, test and deliver financial reports and other information to the firm.
Technical skills and experience
- Experience working in a legal finance department or finance systems team in a global law firm.
- Solid experience of the day-to-day working processes of a legal finance department.
- An understanding of the business implications of finance systems in a legal environment.
- Strong knowledge of the Elite 3E application.
- Some knowledge of the Elite 3E table structure and relational databases an advantage.
- As is the ability to write Transact-SQL queries.
- Must have an understanding of accounting principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be a confident communicator
- Ability to analyse and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Highly self-motivated with an eagerness to learn new skills.
- Demonstrable team player, with a flexible and patient approach to work and colleagues.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and prioritise work accordingly.
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility is a must
- 12 month contract
- 12 week probation period
- 12 week notice period
- Flexible benefits package including pension, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, on site café plus more
A law firm focused on people and collaboration. For the past 125 years, Withers has supported some of the world's most remarkable people and organisations at defining moments in their lives. We are the only international law firm focused on successful individuals and private capital, working closely with founders, investors and family offices. We also advise governments, charities, global brands and start-ups of all shapes and sizes. Many of our clients are shaping the future and creating solutions to tackle many of the world's problems. It makes for a fascinating and challenging practice. Our role is to get to know each individual client, find out where they want to be, and help them to get there – whether they are building a business, looking after their family, involved in a complex dispute or protecting their finances for the future. To meet their unique needs we are exceptionally collaborative, working together across teams and time zones. We are agile, focusing on strategy rather than rigid ideas and traditional hierarchy. It is a truly flexible working culture that puts people first. Join us to be part of a team that is always looking to the future. Where initiative, big ideas and bold moves are always encouraged. Where you can truly be yourself.
Information for Recruitment Agencies
We endeavour to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, we operate a preferred supplier list ('PSL') and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withers Worldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.