Human Resources Administrator (FTC)
Permanent - Full Time
A law firm focused on people and collaboration. For the past 125 years, Withers has supported some of the world's most remarkable people and organisations at defining moments in their lives. We are the only international law firm focused on successful individuals and private capital, working closely with founders, investors and family offices. We also advise governments, charities, global brands and start-ups of all shapes and sizes. Many of our clients are shaping the future and creating solutions to tackle many of the world's problems. It makes for a fascinating and challenging practice. Our role is to get to know each individual client, find out where they want to be, and help them to get there – whether they are building a business, looking after their family, involved in a complex dispute or protecting their finances for the future. To meet their unique needs we are exceptionally collaborative, working together across teams and time zones. We are agile, focusing on strategy rather than rigid ideas and traditional hierarchy. It is a truly flexible working culture that puts people first. Join us to be part of a team that is always looking to the future. Where initiative, big ideas and bold moves are always encouraged. Where you can truly be yourself.
About the HR team at Withersworldwide
The HR department at Withers has a complement of 30 HR professionals based in the London office, 12 in the US, 1 in Geneva, 7 in Asia and 2 remote workers who support the global HR function. The department works with its global divisions on a business partner basis.
The HR team is a hardworking and committed one and is closely integrated to deliver a valued service to the business. Our HR team enjoy the unique culture that Withers has to offer. We are proud to have won HR team of the year in 2019 at the HR in Law awards.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and capable HR Administrator to provide support to the HR generalist and reward teams. The varied nature of this role means that as well as supporting various teams, you will also have a business facing role requiring you to liaise and build relationships with third parties and individuals across the firm.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Support the employee and partner new joiner processes including the preparation of new joiner paperwork and induction packs.
- Ensure relevant new joiner information is entered accurately into the HR system and in a timely manner.
- Work closely with our third-party pre-employment vetting company to ensure all new joiner checks are complete prior to joining and any discrepancies are brought to the attention of the HR Advisor and HR Manager.
- Working with the HR Advisors to coordinate the monthly payroll submissions including accurately capturing and processing payroll changes and ensuring these are collated and presented for manager sign off.
- Organise end of probation review meeting and ensure the relevant paperwork is completed and returned post the review meeting. Prepare end of probation letters and update the HR system accordingly.
- Responsible for collating HR updates for the office bulletin.
- Assisting with the administration of key annual processes including appraisals, salary review and bonuses.
- Assisting the HR Assistants with producing correspondence such as contract changes, maternity/paternity/shared parental leave and flexible working letters.
- Working with the HRIS team with data governance to ensure the HR system maintains quality data.
- Keep up to date and maintain all electronic HR files, including scanning, filing and archiving of relevant documents.
- Assist the Reward lead in updating activity plans, arranging meetings with senior stakeholders, and general administrative co-ordination
- Support the Senior Wellbeing advisor in tracking and co-ordinating wellbeing activities, meetings and events
- Provide ad hoc support with general Reward activities and events, inclusive of arranging security access, room booking and tracking responses to meeting invitations
- Diarising team meetings and HR know how updates as well as other key meetings within the HR processes. Diarising meetings for the Assistant HR Director where required.
- Acting as a point of contact for queries coming into the HR Helpdesk. Liaising with members across the HR department and wider business to provide accurate and timely responses.
- Ad hoc project work – including updating the precedent bank, research and updating current systems/procedures.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Skills and attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High service delivery standards in every respect and the ability to win the confidence and respect of others
- Exceptional attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Use of initiative in day to day tasks to ensure efficient ways of working
- Proactive management of your own workload, the ability to prioritise, adapt to changing deadlines and to work under pressure
- Methodical and flexible approach
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) would be desirable
- Educated to A-Level standard and have 5 GCSES graded A-C (including Maths and English) is essential
- PC literate with excellent Word and Excel skills
- 9.30am to 5.30pm but flexibility will be needed during busier times of the year
- 6 month FTC
- 12 week probation period
- 4 week notice period
- Flexible benefit package including pension, private medical insurance, denplan, season ticket loan, subsidised gym memberships, lifestyle discount scheme, the ability to buy and sell holidays, flu jabs, doctors consultation service, cycle to work scheme, on site café and more
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.