> Vacancy detail
We are currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to join our New Haven office!
Permanent - Full Time
The Administrative Assistant position at Withers Bergman LLP provides general in-office administrative support to the firm in a detail-oriented, efficient, and organized manner. This role requires an enthusiastic and proactive person who is eager to learn and develop their administrative skills in a top international law firm. Candidates must be self-starters who are capable of multi-tasking while maintaining consistent and precise attention to details.
Areas of Focus and Responsibilities
▪ Provide general in-office administrative support, working closely with Legal Secretaries and fee-earners
▪ Assist with client file opening, conflict checks, and other processes related to onboarding new clients and opening new matters
▪ Assist with the monthly billing process, including time entry, producing billing guides, transferring time, and creating pdf bill packs
▪ Prepare letters and enclosures
▪ Prepare and submit expenses using Chrome River
▪ Photocopy, scan, and print documents
▪ Review and proofread documents
▪ Scan/e-file documents
▪ Assist with maintaining e-files and hard copy filing
▪ Provide Notary and witness services
▪ Assist other team and support departments
▪ Cover for FOH as needed
▪ Additional duties as required
Skills and Attributes
▪ Excellent written and verbal communication skills
▪ Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
▪ Organized and detail oriented
▪ Strong knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel
▪ Flexible attitude, enthusiastic and self-motivated
▪ Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
▪ Able to adapt to changing priorities
▪ Flexibility to work overtime as requested/needed
• Client service or administrative support experience desired.
• Commissioned Notary desired.
• Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred, high school degree or equivalent required.
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years.
We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centers of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focused on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 46% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race (including color, nationality and ethnic and national origin), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The firm is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) and state and local disability laws, as applicable. It is the policy of the firm not to discriminate against any qualified employee or applicant with respect to any terms or conditions of employment because of such individual’s disability or perceived disability. Such terms or conditions of employment include application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training, or other privileges of employment. The firm will make a reasonable accommodation for employees or applicants with a qualifying disability unless providing such accommodation would impose undue hardship.
Be the first to know when a new position becomes available with instant alerts to your phone