Under the general direction of the Office Managing Partner and Office Manager, the Front of House position is responsible for increasing attorney effectiveness by providing administrative support, information management, and by representing the attorneys to clients and others. Annual base compensation of $58,000 to $65,000.
This position is required to be in the office five days/week. Remote work is not an option.
- Receives incoming calls and direct callers to requested or appropriate party
- Schedules meetings for San Francisco office and other Withers Bergman offices through the global hospitality software and reserves conference rooms.
- Welcomes and receives guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone.
- Assists visitors in scheduling offices and work spaces through the Condeco office/desk reservation program.
- Coordinates food and beverage services for meetings and office events. This includes ordering food from vendors, receiving the food/beverages and coordinating daily meeting schedule for services with Office Services Assistant.
- Works cooperatively with Office Services Assistant to ensure that meetings and events are set up and broken down in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Advises Building Security of all expected visitors to ensure each individual is added to Building’s Security access list.
- Requests special services and repairs from Building Manager/Engineer/Security
- Receives US Mail, overnight and hand deliveries. Logs in overnight and hand deliveries and gives all incoming items to Office Service personnel to distribute to recipients using the Digital Mailroom System.
- Assists in maintaining some of the office plants and flower displays.
- May be called upon to assist attorneys, paralegals and staff with the following:
- Printing and assembling documents for transmittal to clients, courts, county clerks, opposing parties and others via US Mail, Certified Mail or overnight courier (FedEx/UPS)
- Assembling Trust and Estate binders for transmittal to clients
- Preparing vault indexes and coordinating the transferal of client documents to off-site storage
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned, including backing up the Office Services position.
- Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential
Specific Skills Required
- Professional demeanor; ability to represent the attorneys to clients and others.
- Solid command of the English language including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style. Ability to compose correspondence as needed.
- Strong communication skills: the ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills: the ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Strong technical skills, including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Ability to work both as a team as well as independently.
- 2+ years as an administrative professional is required, preferably in a law firm, though experience in other professional service industries (engineering firms, accounting firms, architectural firms, etc.) is also acceptable.
• Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred, high school degree or equivalent required.
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years.
We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centers of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focused on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 46% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
Withers Bergman LLP is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a fundamental principle at the firm. Employment at the firm is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The firm prohibits and will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on the basis of any of these classifications or characteristics.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website to apply for a position, please contact the firm at 203 789 1320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.