What are we looking for?
The Conflict & New Client Analyst will be primarily focused on supporting Withers global lateral hire recruitment process, responsible for processing conflict checks using the firm's New Business Intake ('NBI') workflow and ensuring any anti-money laundering and sanctions compliance obligations are attended to.
Reporting to the Senior Client and Matter Inception Manager in the UK but working closely with the Global Head of Talent Acquisition and Diversity and the global talent acquisition team as well as providing support to teams across the EU, APAC and the USA.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Supporting the high-volume lateral hire recruitment inception process, ensuring that checks are carried out in a timely manner.
- Compare the scope of work to be undertaken and the conflict check details and if required, seek additional information.
- To process conflict checks received via the automated NBI process. Analyze search results and in consultation determine whether the new matter is clear of an ethical or commercial conflict and appropriate for the firm to take on.
- Proactively following up when seeking information in order to resolve potential conflicts.
- Escalating any conflict issues "up chain" to the Senior Client and Matter Inception Manager and/or (where appropriate) to the Regional Heads of Risk & Compliance with clear analysis of the conflict and the conclusions reached so far.
- Maintaining and updating the conflict search database as key information becomes apparent on existing matters.
- Recording all conflict research, communication with Fee Earners and analysis and conclusion of the conflict resolution, for the purposes of compliance and auditing.
- Check client and client associated parties through our online PEP/sanctions screening tool and undertake research on Politically Exposed Persons ('PEP') and high-risk clients in order to create profile packs for management review.
- Supporting the Money Laundering Reporting Officers and the Regional Heads of Risk & Compliance in connection with the firm's AML and Sanctions processes, policies and procedures:
- Process, check and record client due diligence documentation.
- Creation and ongoing management/housekeeping of restricted groups and information barriers.
- Maintenance of various Risk & Compliance records and registers.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job and, as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Key skills and experience
- Strategic thinker with commercial awareness.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and using own initiative, manage own workload and adapt to changing priorities.
- Adaptable to new systems, procedures and requirements of role.
- Flexible approach: willing to assist others in achieving team objectives.
- Confident dealing with senior management and ensuring service levels are adhered to. Well-disciplined and self-motivated.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Confident and proactive approach.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience gained within the legal professional services environment.
- Knowledge of international rules around conflicts of interests.
- Knowledge of international anti-money laundering legislation.
- Degree or other relevant qualifications.
- Highly PC literate - experience using Elite 3E, IntApp Open or similar management systems is desirable.
For the past 125 years, we have supported some of the world’s most remarkable individuals and organizations. What we do for them is exciting, because what they’re doing is exciting. Our working environment is flexible and agile, which suits them and us. And our culture is highly collaborative. We work hard together, but always with humour and balance. We listen to ideas, and nurture talent and creativity. We have over 200 partners and offices in 17 locations across the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
We’re helping our clients to shape the future. Can we shape yours too?
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.