The Benefits Specialist will work closely with the Head of US Human Resources and the Global Rewards team (based in the UK) to ensure the firm is providing a consistent, competitive and effective benefits offering. The Benefits Specialist will be responsible for administering the firm's employee benefit and compensation programs.
- Research, analyze, and administer the firm's employee benefits programs, including healthcare and wellness programs, health saving accounts, long term disability insurance, life insurance, and the 401(k) and profit-sharing plan.
- Assist with the annual benefit renewal process alongside the Head of US Human Resources. This will include attending meetings with the benefits committee, preparing open enrollment launch materials and correspondence, liaising with the firm's brokers and providers as needed. Act as the point of contact for all open enrollment related questions.
- Advise employees/partners and respond to benefit related questions and claim issues. Ensure a timely resolution of any concerns raised by employees and/or partners.
- Act as the primary liaison between employees/partners and insurance providers and/or brokers for benefit related questions. Troubleshoot and follow up with insurance providers with employee benefit related questions or concerns.
- Maintain employee benefits systems and ensure new hire enrollments, life events, and terminations are entered and processed accurately.
- Review and process monthly invoices for the firm's benefit programs.
- Conduct benefits orientations for all new hires.
- Assist the Responsibility Framework Groups with the communication and implementation of the firm's wellness program initiatives.
- Prepare the biweekly payroll changes sheet within the agreed timeframes and provide all necessary data to the payroll team. Liaise with the payroll team as needed.
- Complete salary and benefit surveys as requested by the firm and conduct market research to ensure the firm remain competitive.
- Prepare and process employee leave of absence paperwork including various state benefit forms for submission i.e., New York Paid Disability and Family Leave, Connecticut Paid Family Leave, California State Disability Insurance and Paid Family Leave claims.
- Maintain the firm’s intranet site with benefit related documents for multiple US jurisdictions.
- Work with the HRIS and Global Reward team to produce ad hoc reports when needed and as part of the annual business planning process.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as needed.
Specific Skills Required
- Detailed-oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with employees and partners.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed knowledge of employee benefits and laws.
- Maintain strict confidentiality as it relates to personal data and sensitive information.
- Highly proficient in all standard office software, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Flexibility to work outside of standard hours, when needed.
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous experience in employee benefits and HR, ideally in a law firm or professional services environment.
Law.com International's Law Firm of the Year 2021
For 125 years, our firm has focused on and helped successful people, families, entrepreneurs, family businesses, governments and institutions negotiate the wide range of legal issues they face in their business and personal lives. Over time, we have gained valuable insights into the ways wealth can be generated, preserved, deployed and enhanced. We assist our clients in a variety of industry sectors including real estate, manufacturing, motorsport, luxury brands, sport, hotels and hospitality, technology, energy, art and cultural assets, life sciences, charities and philanthropy and financial services. With 18 offices our experience means we can see the global picture. We provide legal advice across a range of different practice areas including estate planning, personal and corporate tax and, corporate, banking and finance, access to capital (both private and public) both equity and debt, real estate, intellectual property, immigration, international trust structuring, philanthropy, luxury assets, international probate, public international law and international arbitration.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
Withers Bergman LLP is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a fundamental principle at the firm. Employment at the firm is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The firm prohibits and will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on the basis of any of these classifications or characteristics.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website to apply for a position, please contact the firm at 203 789 1320 or email email@example.com with your request. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.