Withers KhattarWong LLP
Job title: Regional IT Service Desk Manager (APAC)
Reports to: Senior IT Service Manager (APAC)
A law firm focused on people and collaboration
For the past 125 years, Withers has supported some of the world's most remarkable people and organisations at defining moments in their lives.
We are the only international law firm focused on successful individuals and private capital, working closely with founders, investors and family offices. We also advise governments, charities, global brands and start-ups of all shapes and sizes.
Many of our clients are shaping the future and creating solutions to tackle many of the world's problems. It makes for a fascinating and challenging practice. Our role is to get to know each individual client, find out where they want to be, and help them to get there – whether they are building a business, looking after their family, involved in a complex dispute or protecting their finances for the future.
To meet their unique needs we are exceptionally collaborative, working together across teams and time zones.
We are agile, focusing on strategy rather than rigid ideas and traditional hierarchy. It is a truly flexible working culture that puts people first.
Join us to be part of a team that is always looking to the future. Where initiative, big ideas and bold moves are always encouraged. Where you can truly be yourself.
What are we looking for?
The primary purpose of this role is the day-to-day supervision of the APAC IT Service Desk function and ensuring an excellent IT service to Withers Worldwide Partners and staff.
The Regional IT Service Desk Manager is responsible for leading and mentoring a team of Service Desk Analysts across our APAC offices. They will work closely with the Global Service Desk (US/EU/APAC), technical and training teams to ensure all incidents and requests are analysed, resolved and reported against to drive continuous improvement to the performance of the service desk. The IT Service Desk operates a follow-the-sun model supporting multi-cultural customers across all regions.
The role is based in the Singapore office with occasional travel to our global offices where there is a business need.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a law firm or similar professional services environment, together with excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure while being approachable and inspiring confidence. They will have experience in an ITIL-based support environment, supervising IT Service Desk staff, and have the ability to analyse and resolve problems methodically and logically.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Day to day accountability for the APAC IT Service Desk function and ensuring an excellent IT service to Withers Worldwide Partners and staff.
- Maintain staff schedules to ensure IT Support continuity is aligned with the Firm's follow- the-sun support model.
- Monitor, audit, report and analyse the health of the IT Service Desk function using ticket- related performance KPIs. Provide regular and ad hoc status updates to line management.
- Act as the first point of escalation for performance issues within the team and customer related issues. Informing line management of any escalating issues in order that they may be resolved within reasonable time scales.
- Deliver end-to-end support in accordance with IT service management procedures.
- Act as the communications lead following an agreed major incident procedure, and to be responsible for service-related communications.
- Identify improvement opportunities and work with line management to implement programs that enhance IT Service Desk operations, customer satisfaction with IT and overall usage of the firm's technology products and services.
- Monitor queues, calls and interactions of the IT Service Desk staff including the ticketing system, documentation and escalations to ensure that all interactions and escalations meet established criteria and are documented appropriately.
- Set goals for performance, support and develop staff through regular coaching meetings, training needs analysis, development plans and appraisals.
- Proactively learn and train other staff members on new product and service technologies
- Ensure that IT asset inventories are maintained, ensuring records are kept fully up to date
- Supervise the production and maintenance of technical documentation and articles for the knowledge base.
- Perform technical support functions via phone, remote connection and desk side visits, as required.
Skills, knowledge, qualifications and competencies
- 4 years+ experience of supervising a busy, well-structured and mature IT Service Desk.
- Experience in Incident, Request, Major Incident and Problem Management gained in an ITIL-based organisation. It is expected that the post-holder will have relevant ITIL qualifications.
- Experience of working with / optimising an ITSM tool (Top Desk or similar).
- Strong KPI focus - Reporting and monitoring skills. Ability to identify and analyse process- related metrics.
- Experience of leading small improvement projects/initiatives.
- Good technical knowledge of Windows 10 Professional, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange and SCCM.
- Is experienced supporting users in a VDI environment.
- Detailed knowledge of the Microsoft Office 2010/13/16 Suite including installing, configuring and support within a network environment.
- Technical knowledge of remote working technologies – Citrix, VPN and DUO Administration.
- Technical knowledge of supporting video conferencing systems.
- Technical knowledge of supporting telephone systems – Avaya or similar.
- Configuration, analysis and diagnostics of PC, Printer and Laptop faults. Familiarity with HP PC hardware, Lenovo Laptops, HP Laser printers and Canon multifunction devices.
- Experience with a Document Management System – iManage or similar.
- Legal industry applications – iManage, BigHand, 3E, Workshare, InterAction, Template Management systems.
- Play a leading role in the delivery of IT Projects and Initiatives, working closely with peers as required.
- Demonstrates an understanding of how IT Services are delivered to end users in relation to front and backend IT Infrastructure.
- Works with a global mindset with service and user experience at the forefront.
- Empathises with customers, experienced in conflict resolution and inspires confidence that issues will be resolved
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong influencing and coaching skills
- Effective prioritization skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work under pressure
- High level of attention to detail
Information for Recruitment Agencies
WithersWorldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, WithersWorldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of WithersWorldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race (including colour, nationality and ethnic and national origin), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.