The legal secretary position at Withers Bergman LLP is responsible for providing a broad range of secretarial and administrative support to attorneys, fee-earners, administrative personnel and clients. This role is resident in the San Diego office and is assigned to the Private Client and Tax division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafts letters and trust and estate related documents; collects and analyzes information; prepares charts, graphs, and other visuals.
- Supports fee-earners and clients by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents.
- Maintains attorneys' calendars by scheduling Zoom/Microsoft Teams meetings, conference, and travel.
- Maintains hard copy electronic filing system (FileSite/iManage)
- Schedules meetings with internal and external participants and arranges conferences, and travel arrangements.
- Communicates and obtains information from/for internal and external clients.
- Inputs attorney time into timekeeping software (3E).
- Prepares Chrome River reimbursements reports for assigned fee-earners.
- Coordinates monthly billing process between accounting and assigned partner(s). This includes preparation of draft and final client invoices and transmittal of same.
- Supports the New Client Intake process which includes the conflicts check, matter details and Engagement Letter preparation.
- Operates office equipment including photocopy machine and scanner when needed.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Key Skills and Experience
- Has built a career assisting others and knows the level of attention this role demands.
- Has tested various ways to stay on top of your to-do list, and found an ideal method to ensure success.
- Is highly resourceful, composed and empathetic.
- Is energized by a sizeable fast-paced estate planning practice.
- Proven capability in providing a high degree of client service in all interactions.
- Expertly leverages relationships to coordinate complicated calendars, prepare documents for meetings, track deadlines and contribute to ad hoc projects.
- Has 2+ years of administrative experience supporting multiple attorneys or senior leaders simultaneously, law firm experience preferred but not required.
What Success Looks Like
- Accomplishing team client service goals.
- Demonstrating by example what it looks like to succeed as a Team Member.
- Leading the team operationally to ensure success.
- Managing the partner's calendar to enable them to complete client work and think strategically and creatively for clients.
- Tackling new technology, challenge and projects with confidence.
- Inspiring the confidence of clients and referral sources (internal and external) who trust that they are in good hands and are routed in the right direction.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
The annual base compensation range for this role is $70,000 - $100,000.
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years.
We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centers of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focused on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 46% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
Withers Bergman LLP is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity has been and will continue to be a fundamental principle at the firm. Employment at the firm is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The firm prohibits and will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on the basis of any of these classifications or characteristics.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website to apply for a position, please contact the firm at 203 789 1320 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.