Permanent - Full Time
Risk and Compliance
What we are looking for?
The Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions Manager will support the International Risk & Compliance Director, including in his capacity as Withers' Money Laundering Reporting Officer ("MLRO") and Money Laundering Compliance Officer ("MLCO"), and the Regional Heads of Risk & Compliance.
The role covers all aspects of Anti-Money Laundering ("AML"), Counter Terrorist Financing ("CTF") and Sanctions compliance, and will involve supporting Withers to achieve compliance with regulatory and statutory responsibilities and working with key stakeholders across the business including overseeing the work of the Risk & Compliance Team across the firm's European, APAC and US operations.
Areas of focus and responsibilities:
Skills and attributes:
• We are looking to meet experienced AML/CTF and sanctions professionals who have proven experience within a global law firm.
• A minimum of 3 year's experience working at a senior level in an AML /CTF and sanctions compliance environment within the UK. MLRO/Deputy MLRO experience preferable.
• Bachelors degree in Law, financial crime, or related discipline (LPC preferred).
• A recognised AML/Compliance qualification is desirable but not essential
• Working knowledge of the legal and regulatory obligations (Money Laundering Regulations, POCA, and the SRA Handbook).
• Experience of analysing data, including advanced excel skills.
• Strong analytical and research skills
• Great communicator, interpersonal stakeholder management and influencing skills.
• Team player adaptable to fast-paced and changing environment
• Experience of managing change and delivering excellent service.
• Strong cross-cultural awareness, sensitivity and high level of confidentiality.
For the past 125 years, we have supported some of the world’s most remarkable individuals and organizations. What we do for them is exciting, because what they’re doing is exciting. Our working environment is flexible and agile, which suits them and us. And our culture is highly collaborative. We work hard together, but always with humour and balance. We listen to ideas, and nurture talent and creativity. We have over 200 partners and offices in 17 locations across the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
We’re helping our clients to shape the future. Can we shape yours too?
Information for Recruitment Agencies
Withersworldwide endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Withersworldwide operates a preferred supplier list and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Equal Opportunities Employment Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.