Withers has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing and Business Development Coordinator based in the law firm’s San Francisco office, with occasional travel in particular to the San Diego and Los Angeles offices required. This role will work closely with the firm’s West Coast, US, and global marketing team to support marketing and business development efforts, and primarily focuses on the firm’s business, private client and tax divisions and California and Texas offices. The marketing and business development coordinator will support event planning and the execution of successful events, support digital campaigns, help develop and maintain targeted marketing lists, conduct research, draft pitches, presentations, awards submissions, and promotional copy, help with budget requests and provide support on other strategic business development, marketing operations and promotional initiatives as needed. This role is deemed hybrid and will be expected to work in the office 2-3 times a week. Annual compensation commensurate with experience and ranging from $65,000 - $80,000 per year.
Duties and responsibilities
- Pitches/RFPs – Assist with the composition of pitch projects including those for prospective clients and for internal cross-practice opportunities. Participate in the final production of deliverables to meet deadlines with an eye towards detail; maintain pitch/RFP files, log pitches in tracking system and proactively track outcomes.
- Client alerts and internal/external newsletters – Assist with the development and coordination of client alerts and newsletters, and support promotional efforts via social media, the firm website, and other channels.
- Internal campaigns and promotional initiatives: Draft content for Withers’ intranet to communicate significant wins, business development activities, and other team initiatives and drive engagement for various campaigns.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs): Provide support and assist with executing action plans for various SIGs including activities such as recording minutes, researching market and industry trends, liaising with global counterparts, and supporting the development of events, communications, experience lists, content for the website and other activities.
- Experience lists – Gather and centralize experience lists for use in pitches, proposals, submissions and other materials.
- Tracking/reporting – Track and report on client targeting, partner BD-related activities, marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Marketing materials – Create and maintain marketing materials including fact sheets, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, and other tailored materials.
- Directory and award submissions – help coordinate, draft and track submissions related to legal directories and awards, promote recognitions and maintain recognitions on profiles
- Event support/coordination – Provide support for events, corporate sponsorships, regional client entertainment and receptions. This includes developing the invitation list, mailing the invitations, tracking RSVPs, organizing registration, preparing name tags, greeting attendees upon arrival, preparing materials for the event, reserving necessary equipment and facilities, vendor research and coordination, branding, technology, and being accessible to address the needs of guests.
- Conference sponsorships – Provide support for sponsorships and coordinate activities involved with sponsorship commitments.
- Research – Conduct research on a variety of topics including prospective and current clients, competitors and industry/market trends to aid in the development of client teams, pitches, RFP responses, and other internal and external marketing initiatives.
- Various marketing and business development projects, as required.
Key Skills and Experience
Successful candidates are proactive, forward-thinking, positive, energetic, and detail-oriented. Candidates have the ability to work well with a collaborative and talented team, communicate with stakeholders within the firm, and are effective in a fast-paced environment. They have good judgment and possess exemplary interpersonal and communication skills—both verbal and in writing. A bachelor's degree is required, as is 1-4 years of experience, preferably in a law firm, financial services, or other professional services environment. Successful candidates must also:
- Have a strong digital and software skillset, including in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Tikit and InterAction (or another CRM system) is a plus. HTML proficiency is a plus. Experience utilizing social media tools in a professional setting is a plus.
- Be enthusiastic and friendly with the demonstrated ability to work with people at various levels within the firm.
- Approach projects with a flexible and adaptable mindset and have a willingness to learn.
- Be curious and resourceful.
- Availability to attend/run events early morning (breakfast time) or evenings will be necessary, as required.
- Able to be in office 2-3 days per week, and more as needed.
- Demonstrate a capacity to self-start and work both independently and collaboratively in a high-volume environment.
- Interact credibly, diplomatically and with integrity.
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- 1-4 years of experience, preferably in a law firm, financial services, or other professional services environment
Withersworldwide has been acting for successful individuals, families and institutions for over 100 years.
We advise clients on the full range of their business, personal and philanthropic legal needs, both at home and abroad. With offices in the key financial centres of Europe, Asia-Pacific, the United States and the Caribbean, we provide coverage and services that other law firms focused on the needs of the individual cannot. We have represented 46% of the Top 100 in The Sunday Times Rich List, 25% of the US Top 100 Forbes Rich List, 30% of the Top 20 Hong Kong billionaires in the Forbes World's Billionaires list and over 20% of the Forbes Asia's Richest Families list.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Withersworldwide to provide equal opportunities for all employees in relation to recruitment, training and promotion. Decisions in these areas will be made only by reference to the requirements of the job and shall not be influenced by any consideration of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race (including colour, nationality and ethnic and national origin), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website to apply for a position, please contact the firm at 203 974 0365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.